Post-Game Talk: Devils Win!!! - Young Nico edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
This team really needs another center. Not only for the obvious reasons, but eventually Nico should be leading his own line with Hall driving the other. Nico will continue growing and will be able to handle it.
yeah if a 2c (either draft/trade/free agency) comes in the Devils could also then put Zacha-Zajac-Coleman as a line and that could be a really good shutdown line. I don't think it's a must to separate Hall and Nico although they might for the next game against Nashville if Hall's ready and they decide to put him on with Bratt and Zacha and keep Nico/Mojo together

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Great win, but i'm about ready to give up on Schneider. I think i'd waive him (zero chance he gets claimed) and let him have a stint in the AHL at this point, maybe he can re-gain some confidence down there out of the spotlight.

Blackwood has been awesome for Bingo, I wouldn't hate calling him up to backup Kinkaid and maybe giving him a game or two.

If Blackwood isn’t going to get games, he should not be called up. Just call up Lack to warm the bench.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Nico my boy!! Let’s go bowling!!

Niko_Dance.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I can't believe they are making excuses for Cory on the post game...you simply can't trust him.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
yeah if a 2c (either draft/trade/free agency) comes in the Devils could also then put Zacha-Zajac-Coleman as a line and that could be a really good shutdown line. I don't think it's a must to separate Hall and Nico although they might for the next game against Nashville if Hall's ready and they decide to put him on with Bratt and Zacha and keep Nico/Mojo together

I don’t see any harm in trying it sooner but it’s definitely not a must, not right now. I just want to see the team continue to be built and I think eventually a winning Devils team will have to have two very good lines and having Nico and Hall split should help that along.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty sure they are told to not be negative about any player

I’m just glad we don’t have to hear THIS Cory postgame presser if it had stayed a blowout loss, it would have made last week’s cringer look fun in comparison

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
If Blackwood isn’t going to get games, he should not be called up. Just call up Lack to warm the bench.

I'd rather call up Blackwood, not only has he looked significantly better but at some point the backup actually has to play, Kinkaid can't start every single game.

At this point what do we have to lose exactly? Cory gets shredded every single game, if he's supposedly healthy then it's obvious he needs an AHL stint to try and regain some confidence in a lower pressure environment. If Blackwood comes in and gets lit up, then it's no different to the current situation with Schneider anyway, we might as well shuffle the deck at this point.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
One of the Twitter guys says halls gear wasnt packed.... so hes most likely out tomorrow

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd rather call up Blackwood, not only has he looked significantly better but at some point the backup actually has to play, Kinkaid can't start every single game.

At this point what do we have to lose exactly? Cory gets shredded every single game, if he's supposedly healthy then it's obvious he needs an AHL stint to try and regain some confidence in a lower pressure environment. If Blackwood comes in and gets lit up, then it's no different to the current situation with Schneider anyway, we might as well shuffle the deck at this point.

Blackwood needs to play regularly so he can continue developing.

Sitting on our bench to start one game a month is not smart.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Pretty sure they are told to not be negative about any player
Kenny was going out of his way not to criticize him on that first cheap wrapper that beat him. After the third goal that was a routine save he had nothing for him on that one.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Blackwood needs to play regularly so he can continue developing.

Sitting on our bench to start one game a month is not smart.
You bring him up when you are going to play him. If he looks good you get him another game if not the taste of the big league is still good for the experience.

You can even carry 3 goalies just to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad