Confirmed with Link: Devils waive Cory Schneider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Coming from a Wings fan who watches the Devils for the Jack Hughes experience, it looks like you guys need to waive Subban. I've only caught maybe five Devils games this season but was just wondering your thoughts. He's looked atrocious defensively and like an actor everywhere else on the ice. Whats the vibe on Subban?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Coming from a Wings fan who watches the Devils for the Jack Hughes experience, it looks like you guys need to waive Subban. I've only caught maybe five Devils games this season but was just wondering your thoughts. He's looked atrocious defensively and like an actor everywhere else on the ice. Whats the vibe on Subban?
Lidstrom would look like crap on our team. Its Hynes and his ‘system’. You can’t judge these players when they are skating around aimlessly in the D zone.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Subban is obviously not the guy he was when he won the Norris. He is still a top-4 defenseman and a valuable player. Overpaid for sure but a vast improvement over Santini or Mueller or Carrick or David Hale or whoever the f*** would be in that spot otherwise.

Subban's problem is that he sees himself as "the guy" and wants to put the team on his shoulders and do everything himself. Maybe there was a time he could do that, but not anymore. He's in the back half of his career now and he needs to figure out what that means for him and play within that.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
My biggest problem with Subban is how much he kills momentum in the o-zone with bad decisions at the point. He should be distributing more than trying to make a low percentage play most of the time.

There are a lot of things to pick on with Subban but I'm waiting for that coaching change before I start to get too annoyed. And I might be waiting a while?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Waive Subban because he's looked bad for 5 games? Really? Is this for real? 5 bad games (or even 20 bad games or even a whole season) of bad play for a player like Subban isn't justification to waive him. You act like he's Jonathan Ericsson or a worthless jabroni like that, who the Red Wings finally waived after years and years of being a bum.

Schneider was waived because he's been bad for over 3 years and 130-something games now. Since the start of the 16-17 season, his save percentage is .904%. Only Joonas Korpisalo has a lower save percentage since then and has appeared in 50 or more games and still remains in the league over that span. Louis Domingue has a .904% in that time period and I guess he's active in the league currently, but didn't stay active without a demotion.

In fact, if you take out every game of the 16-17 season prior to November 17th of 2016, Schneider's save percentage is a .902% over 120 regular season games played and 116 games started. If you add in his .950% playoff series of 4 games and 3 starts into that equation, it still only pushes his save percentage up to .903% in 124 games played and 119 starts. If you only go back to the start of the 17-18 season, Schneider is .901% regular season only goalie. And if you go back to December 28th of 2017 up to his last game played, Schneider has an .885% save percentage in 44 games in the regular season and factoring in that playoff series, his save percentage jumps up to .890% in his last 48 games played and 44 starts. Those are Rick DiPietro type numbers of the last 40-something games he played in the NHL. Not even Brodeur's play was that bad over his last 40+ games and he was in his 40's already. Schneider built up years of play like this before he was waived and you think Subban should be waived for not even 2 months of this type of play? Which isn't even as bad at his position as Schneider's play was at his?

Reactions: VoidCreature

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Waive Subban because he's looked bad for 5 games? Really? Is this for real? 5 bad games (or even 20 bad games or even a whole season) of bad play for a player like Subban isn't justification to waive him. You act like he's Jonathan Ericsson or a worthless jabroni like that, who the Red Wings finally waived after years and years of being a bum.

Schneider was waived because he's been bad for over 3 years and 130-something games now. Since the start of the 16-17 season, his save percentage is .904%. Only Joonas Korpisalo has a lower save percentage since then and has appeared in 50 or more games and still remains in the league over that span. Louis Domingue has a .904% in that time period and I guess he's active in the league currently, but didn't stay active without a demotion.

In fact, if you take out every game of the 16-17 season prior to November 17th of 2016, Schneider's save percentage is a .902% over 120 regular season games played and 116 games started. If you add in his .950% playoff series of 4 games and 3 starts into that equation, it still only pushes his save percentage up to .903% in 124 games played and 119 starts. If you only go back to the start of the 17-18 season, Schneider is .901% regular season only goalie. And if you go back to December 28th of 2017 up to his last game played, Schneider has an .885% save percentage in 44 games in the regular season and factoring in that playoff series, his save percentage jumps up to .890% in his last 48 games played and 44 starts. Those are Rick DiPietro type numbers of the last 40-something games he played in the NHL. Not even Brodeur's play was that bad over his last 40+ games and he was in his 40's already. Schneider built up years of play like this before he was waived and you think Subban should be waived for not even 2 months of this type of play? Which isn't even as bad at his position as Schneider's play was at his?
Chill hahaha, I don't expect him to actually get waived I was just saying that he looks like a liability and was wondering your thoughts. Thanks for the stats tho, sorry if my question broke your brain

Reactions: archiemandl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad