Confirmed with Link: Devils Waive Brunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
salaries are fine in Switzerland, taxes are lower, he won't make as much as in the NHL but he would earn enough.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Lou and Pete were both pretty straight to the point and didn't have much to hide when he was first waived which explained plenty regarding his situation

“It hasn’t worked," DeBoer said today of Brunner.. "Pretty simple.”

“We’re 20-plus games in there,” DeBoer said. “You come into training camp with an open mind. You give everybody an opportunity and they either play themselves into spots where you feel they can help you or they don’t and there’s consequences to that and I think we’re at the consequence time. We’ve given lots of opportunity and now we’re there.”

“I want to be careful how that’s phrased,” Lamoriello said. “There are different players at different times that become inconsistent. There’s a line. When you reach that line, then your talk doesn’t do it. So, now, there has to be decisions.”

When I asked Lamoriello why he believes Brunner hasn’t been able to play consistently well, he replied, “If we had the answer to that, we would have solved it.”

It's pretty clear that both the Devils and Brunner had a talk or talks at some point and it just never worked out

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Anybody know what salaries are in Switzerland?

The highest paid players earn up to 1 million, but that's only done very rarely and only in lugano. (the place where Brunner's headed, so rumor has it :laugh:)

Normally the best Swiss players earn between 500'000 and 600'000, the best import players between 350'000 and 450'000. The reason being that good Swiss players are somewhat rare and that there are only 4 places for import players on each team so the competition ruins the market.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
The highest paid players earn up to 1 million, but that's only done very rarely and only in lugano. (the place where Brunner's headed, so rumor has it :laugh:)

Normally the best Swiss players earn between 500'000 and 600'000, the best import players between 350'000 and 450'000. The reason being that good Swiss players are somewhat rare and that there are only 4 places for import players on each team so the competition ruins the market.

Salaries aren't made public in Switzerland. Well, it's obvious that guys like Romy or Bezina earn something like CHF 1mio. Anyway, Brunner won't earn $2.5mio in Lugano but I'd rather see him play in the NLA than on a struggling NHL team. The dude has skills, it's a shame to waste it..

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
The value of the CHF is a bit higher than a USD too. Not by much 1 to 1, but 500,000 to 1,000,000 nets a bit more value than their USD values by about 3%.

Factor in family life, taxes, NHLPA escrow, etc., and the longer playing career he'll likely have, and he's probably not making out too bad.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
He cleared today, so then he and Lou will most likely agree to mutually terminate the contract. He'll be free to sign in Switzerland, and he comes off our books.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Lou and Pete were both pretty straight to the point and didn't have much to hide when he was first waived which explained plenty regarding his situation

It's pretty clear that both the Devils and Brunner had a talk or talks at some point and it just never worked out

Yeah I saw those quotes when they first came out, I was referring to what Brunner might have to say himself about the whole situation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He cleared today, so then he and Lou will most likely agree to mutually terminate the contract. He'll be free to sign in Switzerland, and he comes off our books.

Which he already has:

swisshockeynews.ch @SwissHockeyNews · 3h 3 hours ago
BREAKING: Damien Brunner terminates contract with the New Jersey Devils and joins HC Lugano. #NJDevils #NLA (@OfficialHCL)

He had to clear waivers at noon before they actually could let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad