Confirmed with Link: Devils Waive Brunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i'd be astounded if he didnt get picked up. in the right environment i think he can do good things. That essentially gives gomez a permanent spot.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Probably giving him a chance to latch on to another team because they don't want him anymore.

WHO NEEDS OFFENSIVE TALENT LETS JUST STOCK THIS TEAM WITH GRINDARSSSS

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So stupid. Not that I care about losing Brunner but he is the kind of guy you could trade and get SOMETHING for. Even if it's a 4th round pick it's better than nothing.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Wow. Didn't see this coming. Now what happens if he clears? Albany right?

yep and a very expensive Albany player at that.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2306

*or not

@TGfireandice 45s45 seconds ago
Lou Lamoirello said if Brunner clears waivers he could still be in Devils' lineup Saturday. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be sent down.

Lou's casting out the bait and hoping someone bites.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Odd timing with all the injuries that we have. Unless we are getting multiple forwards back, I'm not sure this is the best time for this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They did the same thing with Rolston, waived him then played him so it's not out of the realm it happens here too :laugh:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I mean, he hasnt lit the world on fire, but its amazing to me that they can waive Brunner yet still play turds like Tootoo, Bernier, etc.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
yep and a very expensive Albany player at that.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2306

*or not

Lou's casting out the bait and hoping someone bites.

I can't imagine how awkward it would be for him to remain here after getting waived. I know Rolston did it, but he seemed like a guy that enjoyed his time here regardless of what was happening on the ice. Brunner doesn't seem to like his situation right now, I'm sure he's praying that he gets picked up.

Personally, I hope it happens too. Its a square peg/round hole situation here in NJ. He's just doesn't fit here with this team and system.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I mean, he hasnt lit the world on fire, but its amazing to me that they can waive Brunner yet still play turds like Tootoo, Bernier, etc.

Bernier has been better than Brunner this year by a long shot. I don't care how talented Brunner is, and I like him as a player still, but he provides next to nothing unless he's scoring. He doesn't make the smart play EVER.

Bernier might not be the fastest or the smartest player either but he knows his role and when he's stuck in that role, he can actually succeed.

I hope that he finds his game and someone gives him another chance, but he's been a colossal disappointment ever since his first 5 games here.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Trade incoming?

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago
Lamoriello: “I just felt with the logjam of players that we have right now and hopefully people will be coming back from the injured list...

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 5m5 minutes ago
Lamoriello cont: "...we’ll have to start making decisions and this was a decision that we made."

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago
Lamoriello: “I just felt with the logjam of players that we have right now and hopefully people will be coming back from the injured list...

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 5m5 minutes ago
Lamoriello cont: "...we’ll have to start making decisions and this was a decision that we made."

I do have a feeling that Brunner has shown frustration with the organization for a while as well, as many of us could have guessed given the situation.

I think, in the end, it's a mutually beneficial separation between the team and Brunner.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Bernier has been better than Brunner this year by a long shot. I don't care how talented Brunner is, and I like him as a player still, but he provides next to nothing unless he's scoring. He doesn't make the smart play EVER.

Bernier might not be the fastest or the smartest player either but he knows his role and when he's stuck in that role, he can actually succeed.

I hope that he finds his game and someone gives him another chance, but he's been a colossal disappointment ever since his first 5 games here.

Bernier has been much better, he actually fills a role on the team and is a better overall player - especially without the puck. Brunner contributed nothing other than a flashy play once in a while that he never actually scored on. He's not an NHL player.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Brunner is a $2.5M turnover machine that can't cycle or pass through traffic. He's straight line speed with only 2 goals and doesn't hit or backcheck well.

Why are people actually upset over this? It clears up a slot and guys are coming back from injury.

He sat without a contract offer from anyone else all summer after turning down the Wings wanting more money. That's a good indication his trade value is next to nil.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Brunner is a $2.5M turnover machine that can't cycle or pass through traffic. He's straight line speed with only 2 goals and doesn't hit or backcheck well.

Why are people actually upset over this? It clears up a slot and guys are coming back from injury.

He sat without a contract offer from anyone else all summer. That's a good indication his trade value is next to nil.

But he's so fast :sarcasm:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I do have a feeling that Brunner has shown frustration with the organization for a while as well, as many of us could have guessed given the situation.

I think, in the end, it's a mutually beneficial separation between the team and Brunner.

Yup definitely agree.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
jezebel_buh-bye_wave-goodbye_brilliantsunrise-pb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad