GDT: Devils vs. Sharks - 10:30 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
We should probably have come away with 4, but 3 isn't bad. Special teams are a disgrace.

4 points on the trip should have been the goal. They are still 2-3 points off where you would like them to be given the schedule. They are hanging in there. Hopefully Hamilton is back Tuesday.

Reactions: Blender

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really believe Bernier will sustain this type of play all year long if we give him even close to half the games played (but he could) this year, but I'm really confident in him right now.

Over the last 4 years that I've been doing these goalie reviews, he consistently ranks having allowed a lower percentage of stoppable goals than league average. Sometimes way lower (better) than my league average.

He had a penchant for some BAD softies when he was the man in Toronto and even in that one playoff game for Anaheim in the 2017 WCF after he had to take over after they lost Gibson to injury, but he's been very good for the 4 years that I've watched every single goal he's allowed.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I mean Nas and Recchi can walk back to NJ for all I care, but Ruff I like because he holds guys accountable but will go right to them in big spots.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That’s a masterclass by Lindy Ruff putting Seves out there
He needed to do it more last year.

Nas needed to do it more in 2019-2020 when he was the head coach.

But both of them kept insisting on using the Palmieri sword and they kept dying by the Palmieri sword. And Palmieri must have went like 2 for his last 14 or 15 shootout attempts. That's gotta be the worst stretch in maybe the entire league since DeBoer and the N. Bench (Hynes didn't really do it all that much) wouldn't stop using Henrique in all of our shootouts.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hischier and Mercer seemed to feed off of each other well in that OT. Perhaps that’s a combo that can be looked into some day down the line when Hughes is back.

Trade for Strome and fine. As of now we do not have a 3C and if you move Mercer to the wing even with Jack back it's a massive hole

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I thought Smith looked much more comfortable skating tonight. He was making forecheckers miss by cut back against the grain and he was walking the blue line in the offensive zone; he wasn’t/couldn’t do those things earlier this year.

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad