GDT: Devils vs. Sharks - 1:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People like Sal as an analyst because he's smart and can dissect stuff. But is he going to be as loose and personable as say, Chico? Not in a million years. His role doesn't really call for that anyway, he's an analyst.

Plus for all the crap Steve got because he wasn't Doc, Sal's probably looked at a little better cause by god MacLean was almost as awful in that role as he was as a head coach. Sal's a huge step up from that.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
he's not smooth, thats for sure, but a lot of people on our forum like him
I like him because he isn't a mindless drone reading out generic talking points and he isn't a biased homer who does nothing but pump the team. He's an extremely intelligent and detailed analyst who provides a high quality of commentary and asks players and coaches detailed and difficult questions. Yes he trips over himself sometimes when talking, but the content is much better than you get from most broadcasts.

People like Sal as an analyst because he's smart and can dissect stuff. But is he going to be as loose and personable as say, Chico? Not in a million years. His role doesn't really call for that anyway, he's an analyst.

Plus for all the crap Steve got because he wasn't Doc, Sal's probably looked at a little better cause by god MacLean was almost as awful in that role as he was as a head coach. Sal's a huge step up from that.
You don't miss the "ya know" moments with MacLean?

Reactions: Darkauron

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I like him because he isn't a mindless drone reading out generic talking points and he isn't a biased homer who does nothing but pump the team. He's an extremely intelligent and detailed analyst who provides a high quality of commentary and asks players and coaches detailed and difficult questions. Yes he trips over himself sometimes when talking, but the content is much better than you get from most broadcasts.
exactly. would you want either:

A.) A smooth talker who sounds great, but talks out of his/her ass

or

B.) Someone who fumbles words, but has a lot of insight

sometimes you can get a bit of A+B and then some (Chico's goalie analysis/personality), but not a lot of people are like that

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought MacLean was alright in that role, but I like Salvador better in it.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

I couldnt stand Johnny Mac, and I loved him as a player

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we light up Martin Jones for once? I see plenty of other teams doing it like it's no problem.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many times will Steve bring up ''Former Devils coach Pete DeBoer''?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I figure you're looking for an OT win for the Devils since they're your favorite and a point for the Sharks as your next fave
Nope

Devils are my clear cut favorite and I'm looking for 2 points. Whether it's a squash match win or OT win.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I literally have three screens set up for all 1:00 sporting events. I have everything on and will probably miss everything by being distracted :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad