Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Rangers at MSG game 3 1/19/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
No way that any other regulars would have been twice in a row if they did something regardless of the performance. What if it was Trouba or Fox that did something similar?... more out of character I suppose for either of them but everyone gets frustrated time to time so not impossible. They would not have been scratched twice. It is specific to DeAngelo and his history of acting up.

Since he has been a Ranger what has he done on the ice that you would say is acting up? It was the first game of the season... You go with the guys who will help you win the most.

Reactions: bl02

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
AbQhDt0.png

Lol, great he played just as well as Kevin Rooney 5v5. If you think he played a good game, I don't know what to tell you. And I never said he played better or worse than others in Game 1. Everyone played like garbage that game.

I said I was against the benching. But here we are and I don't think you change a lineup that performed like they did in game 2.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
We need Tony getting reps on the power play. The logic of keeping the same lineup because of a lucky streak (of one game, might I add) is thrown at the window when you are directly making our powerplay worse.

Reactions: mas0764 and bl02

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No bench him for a period, maybe the 1 game. This is crazy, especially in a short season. He should bench himself the next time this team takes another too many men call. We know that's coming at some point.
I like DeAngelo, but who the frig' is Tony DeAngelo that he deserves this type of special treatment?

"He should bench himself".......very astute observation.

Reactions: haveandare

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would you bench Lafreniere if it meant the same? We win 8 in a row.
If he committed the same penalty as DeAngelo and then also compounded it by running his mouth and slamming the door, absolutely. Accountability needs to be installed into a player at an early age.

Reactions: haveandare

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I've been an ADA supporter from the beginning, like when barely anyone else liked him. I get him being scratched for this game.

Not that the double minor was not weak to begin with, or not because he showed some emotion, more so because he should be becoming more of smarter player and while his intention may have been correct, he funneled it against the refs which is a no win situation and he should know that.

Does not matter if it feels "unfair" take that emotion out in some positive way. Whether that means making a play that leads to stuff, or being smart physical/PIA, in some manner, that would have been a more appropriate outlet. Mouthing off and slamming the door will never have a positive impact.

Reactions: Rongomania

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
If he committed the same penalty as DeAngelo and then also compounded it by running his mouth and slamming the door, absolutely. Accountability needs to be installed into a player at an early age.
In theory this.... but in reality Laf is 6 yrs younger than ADA and at least 6 years more mature so will likely never happen.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I like DeAngelo, but who the frig' is Tony DeAngelo that he deserves this type of special treatment?

"He should bench himself".......very astute observation.

Should be not be accountable? He has said in the past those penalties are on him. Yet they keep doing it.

Reactions: bl02

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Honestly If his Twitter is a reason then that’s not fair. He is allowed to have his beliefs. I can understand his temper being an issue but I thought that has gotten better over the last couple years. Bottom line is that he is an important player as we saw last year

Also said before it's not about his beliefs, it's about how he enjoys creating controversy on twitter (he literally challenged a fan to a fist fight) and the Rangers have multiple times had to "deal with it internally" with him.
It's not about his beliefs, it's about his social media use and how the Rangers have to "clean up" after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad