Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Rangers at MSG game 3 1/19/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It is so great we can discuss hockey again. After the year we had, it brings a welcome respite from what we are going through.

LGR! Let's kick some Debbie's butt tonight!

I also find it very therapeutic (work, workout or hangout) to know i can put a game on every night.

Reactions: ohbaby and romba

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
My expectations for this season are relatively low.

Right now, just give me a Lafreniere goal and I'm happy

I basically just want to see Lafreniere and Kakko develop substantially.

Obviously if Panarin backslides tremendously that would also be concerning; to a lesser extent, also Zibanejad... I'd like to see him continue looking dynamic.

Everything else is kinda gravy either way. If Fox or DeAngelo can't replicate their seasons, that is understandable. If Buch or Chytil or Howden don't blossom, I have contingency plans for that anyway. Who else do I really care about? Kreider? Ultimately a support player. Strome? Trade bait. Lindgren? I don't expect stats out of him anyway. Gauthier? No expectations either way. JJ and Smith? Can't wait to flush 'em. PDG? Rooney? Lemieux? Bottom sixers who will ultimately be replaced.

I guess K'Andre Miller and Igor Shesterkin having nice seasons is also high on my wish list.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Also said before it's not about his beliefs, it's about how he enjoys creating controversy on twitter (he literally challenged a fan to a fist fight) and the Rangers have multiple times had to "deal with it internally" with him.
It's not about his beliefs, it's about his social media use and how the Rangers have to "clean up" after him.

That may be a management vs. DeAngelo thing, but it doesn't seem to be a locker room vs. DeAngelo thing.

Frankly if anything, I bet telling a smart ass fan on twitter to "catch me outside," endears him to the locker room.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hoping for a win obviously but hoping for another Kakko goal regardless.

His game is predicated on confidence and to me that is the biggest issue.

He hasn't let his skills fly yet because he is thinking too much. Success/Goals are the easiest way to solve that.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Going to be interesting to see how the Rangers play in a game in which neither team suffers from the deflating effects of early bad goals.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I also find it very therapeutic (work, workout or hangout) to know i can put a game on every night.
Real shitty morning of work today but it's all hearts and roses cuz of the game tonight.

"Sorry (not sorry) to drop this on you last second but we need this finished YESTERDAY pronto!!!"

On it AND with a smile, thank you hockeybasedgods

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Joe M:

Need to win these divisional matchups whenever you have the chance! And FACEOFFS. And the penalty killers are tye-urd Sam!

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Devil’s fan checking in. Hoping for a good game and no injuries. Wishing you guys well over the river in nyc. Stay safe. May the better team win today.

This is a good time for both of our franchises. Soon will see the decline of Pittsburgh and Washington as age finally catches up to them. I have a feeling this rivalry is going to get better and better as the years advance.

And I think both of us can agree… F the flyers

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Devil’s fan checking in. Hoping for a good game and no injuries. Wishing you guys well over the river in nyc. Stay safe. May the better team win today.

This is a good time for both of our franchises. Soon will see the decline of Pittsburgh and Washington as age finally catches up to them. I have a feeling this rivalry is going to get better and better as the years advance.

I'll never not hate Scott Stevens and Marty Brodeur, but no doubt it's a good rivalry that's at its most fun when both teams are playing good hockey and making the playoffs.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

and F the Islanders. Boston is getting up there in age too.

good luck tonight. that 5th round pick Egor Shrangovich looks like a player in my opinion and Ty Smith is a solid young player.

Kakko vs Hughes battle of the 1st and 2ed overall picks from 2019
Hughes vs Lafy battle of the recent 1st overall picks
Smith vs K'Andre Miller battle of the 1st year pro defenseman

lots of youth in the lineup tonight

Let's go Rangers

hope all is well and you are safe during these covid times. hope we can be at the hockey arenas to watch our favorite teams soon. I got the new Lafy jersey no Rangers game to go too

Reactions: scoopscj

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Never and obviously I don't expect that. Your argument is accountability, so why not lead by example.
My argument is accountability. Except my argument is rooted in reality and what actually happens (players plays stupid and then compounds the stupidity and is benched) whereas yours is some sort of fantasy land where the head coach of a professional team takes himself out of the game.

Reactions: will1066

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
My argument is accountability. Except my argument is rooted in reality and what actually happens (players plays stupid and then compounds the stupidity and is benched) whereas yours is some sort of fantasy land where the head coach of a professional team takes himself out of the game.

I'd like management to permanently bench him. That said I'm guessing they are on board with what I see as the unfair unequal treatment of ADA. I'm voicing my opinion that I disagree with the coach on this matter. I'm arguing with you that your accountability reply doesn't apply to all even if it is in fantasy land.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd like management to permanently bench him. That said I'm guessing they are on board with what I see as the unfair unequal treatment of ADA. I'm voicing my opinion that I disagree with the coach on this matter. I'm arguing with you that your accountability reply doesn't apply to all even if it is in fantasy land.
Your argument (if you can call it that) seems rooted in the fact that you want to pretend that coaches, in order to be held accountable, should suspend themselves from games. My rejoinder is that the next time you see that in any professional sport, will be the first time.

You also cannot seem to come to grips with the fact that professional coaches seem to have a different view of accountability than you do. How dare Quinn?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Your argument (if you can call it that) seems rooted in the fact that you want to pretend that coaches, in order to be held accountable, should suspend themselves from games. My rejoinder is that the next time you see that in any professional sport, will be the first time.

You also cannot seem to come to grips with the fact that professional coaches seem to have a different view of accountability than you do. How dare Quinn?

Which is why I'm calling for his job and also pointing out how many too many men he is responsible for. ADA made a mistake, I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bench him for a period, if it is an ongoing issue maybe a game. To sit a top offensive defensemen in the league a 2nd game just to keep the same lineup is ridiculous. What if they won 5-0 and Panarin missed the game would you be ok with benching him the next game? I don't think it's a positive for the long term interest of the Rangers with ADA as a player or asset.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
If we had guys tweeting anti-trump pro-Biden stuff and challenging fans to fights over it, it would be a distraction as well. It would likely get less publicity for reasons we won't get into so this post doesn't get deleted, but hey that's the world we live in now, sorry. He can choose to play in it and complain to his close friends and relatives like its 1995, or he can continue to mouth off on public venues (and to refs) as he potentially get traded to another team....

I hope he figures it out and stays but it's getting to be an annoying topic that gets rehashed every month or so.

Reactions: haveandare

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Which is why I'm calling for his job and also pointing out how many too many men he is responsible for. ADA made a mistake, I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bench him for a period, if it is an ongoing issue maybe a game. To sit a top offensive defensemen in the league a 2nd game just to keep the same lineup is ridiculous. What if they won 5-0 and Panarin missed the game would you be ok with benching him the next game? I don't think it's a positive for the long term interest of the Rangers with ADA as a player or asset.
You are calling for his job because he dared to hold DeAngelo accountable for his own actions? Clearly the coaching staff decided that the infraction was worth more than a period. The team then went out and dominated a 5-0 win. No other coach in the league would change the lineup after a 5-0 win.

When Panarin commits such a brain dead penalty and then compounds it the way that DeAngelo did, we can pick up this portion of the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad