GDT: Devils vs. Lightning - 7:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want a win tomorrow and I want at least 3 in the next 4, which is nothing but cream of the crap and loser teams. The same two loser teams.

I want 2 points tomorrow, no excuses. I don't wanna hear about some hot goalie, there's no such as a hot goalie in Raleigh right now.

I want a convincing win over that loser and piece of **** suck team.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ah yes, Cory was at fault for sure. He should have definitely stopped that knuckle-puck that dropped a couple feet by the time it reached him. And facing 21(!) shots in the 2nd period alone is nothing, just another day.

I can't believe the **** I read here sometimes.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Cammalleri has to be bench or put on the 4th line. There are others but he is the worst. How bad could it be? Replace him with JJ at least he has speed and did some stuff with the PP

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cammalleri has to be bench or put on the 4th line. There are others but he is the worst. How bad could it be? Replace him with JJ at least he has speed and did some stuff with the PP

These posts crack me up.

Put him on the 4th line and put JJ in for him AND in the top 9?

JJ only has about 245 games of being terrible at offense.

Cammalleri has like 10 now?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Ah yes, Cory was at fault for sure. He should have definitely stopped that knuckle-puck that dropped a couple feet by the time it reached him. And facing 21(!) shots in the 2nd period alone is nothing, just another day.

I can't believe the **** I read here sometimes.

Yeah, basically.

I got the TB feed and they highlighted the deflection well.

This was all off a faceoff win and a perfect pass by Severson to Kalinin who fumbled the pass. It was a quick play that Schneider was rightfully not expecting a shot from. Laughable that it's on him.

kiwidevil

Our breakout is just terrible. Our only success is chipping it up the wall and hoping Hall can skate onto something.

Sure, the stats say we've been good defensively, but there is little point when we can't turn anything into attack. We attempt some cute, short passing sometimes that just ends up in our skates and getting hemmed again. Then we run around and Cory has to save our ass again.

It seems like Severson and Zacha are the only ones who can start an attack with a nice pass.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, basically.

I got the TB feed and they highlighted the deflection well.

This was all off a faceoff win and a perfect pass by Severson to Kalinin who fumbled the pass. It was a quick play that Schneider was rightfully not expecting a shot from. Laughable that it's on him.

If that's the case, I don't think any goals he allowed tonight were bad. Occasionally a goalie will allow 4 goalies in a game and none being one he could do anything about.

The one floated in on a deflection, think it was the third goal. Someone tipped it right in front, that was clear to see even on the tron.

I thought the second PP goal Cory allowed on Thursday was pretty stoppable, the Ekblad one (first one on the PP) wasn't great either, unless I missed the deflections on those.

The offense continues to be our biggest blunder, even if the defense isn't all that great.

If we miss the playoffs, it will be because we didn't score enough. The only way goaltending or defense will be the reason is if we start allowing 35+ shots every game or Cory gets injured and the replacements sink us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It did. Hit Kalinin and knuckled off the pipe and in.

DD is just making things up again.

I remember Cory allowed a goal on a shot from well out, the last time we played there. It must have been in the 2nd period, because Cory was on the same side of the ice.

That one didn't deflect that night (might be wrong). I thought that one in the last game was stoppable, but it wasn't completely terrible. I knew why it went in and beat him, Greene blocked a shot and it rebounded right to the shooter who shot it cleanly past Cory. If that shot didn't bounce right to the shooter, Cory probably would have been set.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We scored 1 goal on 38 shots and went 0-4 on the PP. Needless to say, I think finishing is our problem...again. And until Rico, Cammalleri, and Palmieri find their form, we're likely going to be in for more of these.

It's funny (or maybe depressing) too because we were all excited to add Hall to those players, and now Hall is the only one of them playing well (although I do think Rico has been better lately).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We scored 1 goal on 38 shots and went 0-4 on the PP. Needless to say, I think finishing is our problem...again. And until Rico, Cammalleri, and Palmieri find their form, we're likely going to be in for more of these.

It's funny (or maybe depressing) too because we were all excited to add Hall to those players, and now Hall is the only one of them playing well (although I do think Rico has been better lately).

When half your top 6 is producing nothing at all, you are going to have trouble scoring goals and winning games.

Obviously it would be great to get more from the bottom 6, but those 3 are getting paid to score goals. So it starts right there.

Can't ask Hall, Zajac, and Severson to do all the scoring.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When half your top 6 is producing nothing at all, you are going to have trouble scoring goals and winning games.

Obviously it would be great to get more from the bottom 6, but those 3 are getting paid to score goals. So it starts right there.

Can't ask Hall, Zajac, and Severson to do all the scoring.

The really sad thing is that more people here seem to beat up on Zajac than any of the other 3 guys that are not producing enough offense.

3 guys that in all rights, are probably better than Zajac at offense at this point in their career. Yet Zajac seems to take more **** than any of those guys have at this point.

I know most of this board doesn't like him, but I don't really dislike Quincey as much as most do. I know he was absolutely pathetic on that last goal and looked like he just quit and gave up, like the unplugged controller joke that gets made when a player coasts or gives up skating like that.

But I saw a lot of guys mail it in, from the time we got that last power play. Unless there was another power play in the last 5+ minutes. I missed that one.

Sometimes I think Lovejoy makes a lot of subtle mistakes and more than Quincey, although he's playing more minutes and getting much tougher competition than Quincey. He goes up against a tougher group of players every night.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
At this point we can't make any trades. It also looks like after career year's Rico and Palms, they may be looking at a subpar year. Could be time for Hynes to tweak the system. Could also see Santini and JQ by Christmas if this continues. Really the first game they were out of it going into the 3rd. Just hope it gets better than worse.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
For as much flak as Zajac gets on this board, the guy has been playing excellent so far to start the season. He has 7 points in 10 games, is his usual defensive monster, and is controlling the play while on the ice.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
For as much flak as Zajac gets on this board, the guy has been playing excellent so far to start the season. He has 7 points in 10 games, is his usual defensive monster, and is controlling the play while on the ice.

He really has been very good. He's always exceptional defensively. When he chips in offensively he is easily on of the few best players on the team.

Camille the Eel

We had one poor game against a truly superior team, and really about the 2d half of the game. It didn't look like lack of effort. Instead that the confidence progressively went out of us with each Tampa Bay goal, until Kucherov's score deflated us and we threw in the towel emotionally.

But as someone said about that Kucherov play above in this thread, he had a full head of steam hitting the blue line and JQ was not going to catch him, no way. It wasn't Quincy's "fault." Can't blame him on the play. Nobody in the league catches Kucherov on that play.

We have some things to clean up structurally. Puck possession when a team pressures us one-on-one.

Don't expect things to be easy tonight. It's going to be a dog fight against Carolina these next two games, a team with good young talent that is basically our equal. We had better be prepared to battle for 60 minutes. Do not underestimate them.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Didn't see the game last night. But I'm getting frustrated with the way hynes is deploying the lines. I understand putting hall with zajac against Chicago because they are so top heavy and the matchup game. But why he didn't doesn't have hall/zacha together given how dynamic they have looked each time they have been, is just plain stupid. Figure it out dude.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The deployment of the forward lines aren't half as bad as the usage of the defense. Last year was a farce and this year they seem to have over compensated by sending the LD down deep on almost every play in LW lock sort of style. Hynes is very gimmicky.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Where were you when this team was winning last week?

Winning? This team hasn't done much winning in a long time. We're 4-6 on the season. And I chime in every 10 games. These first 10 games have shown me nothing to believe we're different than last season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Our zone entries are still the worst part about our play this season. My beer league team can do better than this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad