GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh, he hasn't been that bad. And that PK you were ******** on him for last game wasn't really his fault. The PK as a whole is utter trash. So 4th liners are going to look even worse on a horribly structured PK.

Just last game? He was awful on the PK for at least 3 games before that, it wasn't just last game.

Just because the PK isn't getting scored on, doesn't mean he isn't still a liability. Lovejoy has been on the PK all year and continues to be a liability, yet I don't even think our PK is in the bottom 10.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here's the real question..

Is Hall-Zajac-Palmieri a legitimate top line going forward?

Hopefully not for long, if only because I think Zajac could drop off in a little while.

He's still doing great this year and I don't expect him to drop off too much next year.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Just last game? He was awful on the PK for at least 3 games before that, it wasn't just last game.

Just because the PK isn't getting scored on, doesn't mean he isn't still a liability. Lovejoy has been on the PK all year and continues to be a liability, yet I don't even think our PK is in the bottom 10.

The PK as a whole is structured horribly. It's entirely way too passive and gives the other team entirely way too much time to set up. Plus they collapse into the middle which clearly won't help with screening the goalie. I'd rather see how Coleman does under a team with out a garbage staff and garbage PK set ups.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I feel pretty confident at this point that Blandisi is going to be a bottom-six forward at the least.

Not sold on anything more than that so far but I think he's going to be a solid piece.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The PK as a whole is structured horribly. It's entirely way too passive and gives the other team entirely way too much time to set up. Plus they collapse into the middle which clearly won't help with screening the goalie. I'd rather see how Coleman does under a team with out a garbage staff and garbage PK set ups.

Coleman and Pietila have both been way too passive at 5-on-5 and on the PK. They could be in the offensive zone and instead of continuing to pressure the puck, you see one or both start to retreat to a defensive position.

The PK is set up to keep players to the outside and pressure at the right times. You see Zajac/Henrique execute it beautifully. They know when to commit to players and when to just let them play around with the puck. Palmieri plays pretty well on the PK too. The rest of our forwards look poor though.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Coleman and Pietila have both been way too passive at 5-on-5 and on the PK. They could be in the offensive zone and instead of continuing to pressure the puck, you see one or both start to retreat to a defensive position.

The PK is set up to keep players to the outside and pressure at the right times. You see Zajac/Henrique execute it beautifully. They know when to commit to players and when to just let them play around with the puck. Palmieri plays pretty well on the PK too. The rest of our forwards look poor though.

:laugh: it's a horrible strategy that should have been dumped months ago when it kept being executed horribly.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
:laugh: it's a horrible strategy that should have been dumped months ago when it kept being executed horribly.

Again. Zajac/Henrique with Greene-Lovejoy has worked very well on the PK. The problem always seems to stem when we start putting other players out there.

I disagree on the strategy part. Biggest threat to getting scored on is by players moving it quickly through the middle of the ice or getting chances from the middle of the ice. Devils are limiting both this way.

The problem is the Devils haven't been pressuring well enough at the right times. I'd also prefer them to be a lot more aggressive in the neutral zone, we're way too passive there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's a couple of weird lines here, due to the 7D thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad