Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Habs, finally a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

The Devils Lou Lamoriello has called up Montreal native Maxime Clermont from the Albany Devils to play between the pipes in tonight's game against the Habs.

;)
:sarcasm:

Sad thing...it would probably work.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Waiting for the GDT, might as well discuss MT's lines. Hoping that first line struggles early and MT finally wakes up and gets DD and Weise away from Max. Bring back the EGG like too. Plek, Max and Sekac please.

Agreed.... Pacioretty-Plekanec-Sekac and Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher is what a Top 6 should look like. I hate his grinder on every line approach. I guess it works at times, but good players make other players better (kind of like a synergistic effect). If you put a dead weight on each line, it drags the whole line down. Instead of having 2 good lines, we end up with 3 mediocre lines.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Agreed.... Pacioretty-Plekanec-Sekac and Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher is what a Top 6 should look like. I hate his grinder on every line approach. I guess it works at times, but good players make other players better (kind of like a synergistic effect). If you put a dead weight on each line, it drags the whole line down. Instead of having 2 good lines, we end up with 3 mediocre lines.

Wish we still had Bourque and Moen so we could do a 2 winger dead weight lines.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anyone spewing guaranteed win talk should take a look at our last two games.
Also, Devils will be in sync having just played while the Habs will start off slow and unprepared. The Devils have now begun playing their best hockey of the season. This is not a "guaranteed win"

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

No way our top 6 should include Eller lol The guy could go goalless in 82gms and people would still say he can be a top 6. Eller has no hockey IQ, he plays with blinders on and constantly makes awful decisions in the offensive zone.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No way our top 6 should include Eller lol The guy could go goalless in 82gms and people would still say he can be a top 6. Eller has no hockey IQ, he plays with blinders on and constantly makes awful decisions in the offensive zone.

Eller is a third liner...PERIOD. he has not shown anything but 3rd line abilities

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Eller is a third liner...PERIOD. he has not shown anything but 3rd line abilities

exactly ... There is nothing wrong with 14-16 goals 30-40 pts on a 3rd line thats very good. Anyone who thinks he could be more is kidding themselves though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Devils haven't been good and are playing a back to back. Gotta win this one.

Is it Price or Tokarski tonight?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
exactly ... There is nothing wrong with 14-16 goals 30-40 pts on a 3rd line thats very good. Anyone who thinks he could be more is kidding themselves though.
He's producing at a better rate than Plekanec did last year.

ZERO reason to believe this guy can't be a good 2nd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad