Best Collection of U25 Talent

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Bratt has most certainly played better than Patrick
He's most certainly not better and no one would take him over Patrick. This isn't a "whos had a better season thus far" poll. If Devils traded Bratt for Patrick right now you'd be ecstatic

That being said, I don't see how Bratt has had a significantly better season if at all.

Bratt 34GP/4G/16A/20P.. 4 goals with 13 secondary assist. Patrick has had more Goals in his last 3 games than Bratt has had in his entire 34 game season. Not to mention the distinct defensive advantage for Patrick.

20 year old 6'2" 205 lb 2 way center that has more talent and far more upside vs a 20 year old 5'10" 175 winger.

Last edited:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
He's most certainly not better and no one would take him over Patrick. This isn't a "whos had a better season thus far" poll. If Devils traded Bratt for Patrick right now you'd be ecstatic

That being said, I don't see how Bratt has had a significantly better season if at all.

Bratt 34GP/4G/16A/20P.. 4 goals with 13 secondary assist. Patrick has had more Goals in his last 3 games than Bratt has had in his entire 34 game season. Not to mention the distinct defensive advantage for Patrick.

20 year old 6'2" 205 lb 2 way center that has more talent and far more upside vs a 20 year old 5'10" 175 winger.
Oh good. There you are. Congrats on having to pull some mental gymnastics to convince yourself that Bratt and Patrick have had similar seasons. I hope you didn't strain yourself.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
How do you quantify better forwards by far?

Don't really see any of the other forwards ever being on Hischier's level, and right now they're certainly nowhere close to it.

Out of the NHL'ers you have the following tiers...
Hischier (Already playing 1C even though his production is more in line with a 2C. By far and away the highest floor, and a to be honest, it's pretty fair to say his ceiling is quite a bit higher than any of the other guys with NHL experience.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Patrick/Chytil/Konecny/Bratt (these guys are fairly interchangeable and they've all shown flashes. Chytil probably has the highest upside, but his season has been mostly hype and otherwise pretty disappointing).
-
Zacha (He hasn't put it together and it looks like he might never figure it out, but if he does he has similar if not higher upside to the guys above him. He's also already become a fairly decent 3C and excellent penalty killer).
-
Howden (Hard to judge him, but definitely has more potential than the scrubs below him)
Wood (Not really very high on Wood, but he's simply better than the garbage below him)
Buchnevich/Lindblom (Pretty unlikely that either of these 2 become impact players. I'm sure Rangers fans will scream about Buch having a 40 point season, but he's never even put up 30 ES points and is more likely to be KHL bound than a solid top 6 player imo).

Basically, when it comes to NHL talent NJ runs away with it, Philly is a clear 2nd, and the Rangers are absolute bottom of the barrel. For the non-NHL prospects this is basically reversed with NYR having arguably the best talent in Kravtsov, Philly having some decent prospects in Frost and Farabee, and most of the other guys being a bit of a gamble.

On defense Philly gets the nod due to Provorov (even though both Miller and Ty Smith have the potential to be better). After Philly you can probably say NYR then NJ, but it's probably interchangeable.

For goalies its NYR then NJ, then Philly.

Overall I don't think either team is that impressive prospect-wise. Philly was looking good for a while, but it seems like literally all of their prospects have hit a wall or regressed. NJ is experiencing a similar issue with most of their NHL players hitting a wall this year (Butcher, Wood and Zacha in particular), and NYR have what is looking like a great set of 2018 draft picks, but some of their older pics/prospects like Andersson are looking bad.

This years draft should replenish the prospect pool of all 3 teams though as it's looking like NJ and Philly will be picking in the top 6 with NYR not far behind.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I would have low to seen the Islanders in this.

Barzal
Beuvillier
Bellows
Wahlstrom
JHS
MDC

Pulock
Toews
Dobson

Sorokin

I'm not saying we would be the best, I was wondering more how we would stack up against the other teams.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I would have low to seen the Islanders in this.

Bellows
Dobson
Wahlstrom
Toews
Sorokin
Wilde

I'm not saying we would be the best, I was wondering more how we would stack up against the other teams.

Easily the worst in terms of D, but also easily the best in terms of forwards due to Barzal.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I edited the post to meet the 6 3 1 and under 25. D would be..

Pulock
Toews
Dobson

I think Pulock/Toews are clearly worse than Severson/Butcher or Skjei/Pionk. Then you have Dobson/Smith/Miller who are all in a similar tier. Miller is the most raw, but arguably has the most upside, a bit of a boom/bust prospect, while both Dobson and Smith have pretty high floors with good upside (I don't think either will become dominant 1D, but both will likely be top pairing guys).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Flyers... I guess

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't really see any of the other forwards ever being on Hischier's level, and right now they're certainly nowhere close to it.

Out of the NHL'ers you have the following tiers...
Hischier (Already playing 1C even though his production is more in line with a 2C. By far and away the highest floor, and a to be honest, it's pretty fair to say his ceiling is quite a bit higher than any of the other guys with NHL experience.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Patrick/Chytil/Konecny/Bratt (these guys are fairly interchangeable and they've all shown flashes. Chytil probably has the highest upside, but his season has been mostly hype and otherwise pretty disappointing).
-
Zacha (He hasn't put it together and it looks like he might never figure it out, but if he does he has similar if not higher upside to the guys above him. He's also already become a fairly decent 3C and excellent penalty killer).
-
Howden (Hard to judge him, but definitely has more potential than the scrubs below him)
Wood (Not really very high on Wood, but he's simply better than the garbage below him)
Buchnevich/Lindblom (Pretty unlikely that either of these 2 become impact players. I'm sure Rangers fans will scream about Buch having a 40 point season, but he's never even put up 30 ES points and is more likely to be KHL bound than a solid top 6 player imo).

Basically, when it comes to NHL talent NJ runs away with it, Philly is a clear 2nd, and the Rangers are absolute bottom of the barrel. For the non-NHL prospects this is basically reversed with NYR having arguably the best talent in Kravtsov, Philly having some decent prospects in Frost and Farabee, and most of the other guys being a bit of a gamble.

On defense Philly gets the nod due to Provorov (even though both Miller and Ty Smith have the potential to be better). After Philly you can probably say NYR then NJ, but it's probably interchangeable.

For goalies its NYR then NJ, then Philly.

Overall I don't think either team is that impressive prospect-wise. Philly was looking good for a while, but it seems like literally all of their prospects have hit a wall or regressed. NJ is experiencing a similar issue with most of their NHL players hitting a wall this year (Butcher, Wood and Zacha in particular), and NYR have what is looking like a great set of 2018 draft picks, but some of their older pics/prospects like Andersson are looking bad.

This years draft should replenish the prospect pool of all 3 teams though as it's looking like NJ and Philly will be picking in the top 6 with NYR not far behind.

I take from this that Tampa should be frightened about meeting the Devils in the playoffs this year, and the two local rivals have beer-league players.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I take from this that Tampa should be frightened about meeting the Devils in the playoffs this year, and the two local rivals have beer-league players.

I shouldn't expect a Rangers fan to read between the lines, but the Devils have the best F group, Philly has the best D group, and its Phily>NJ>>>Rags overall. It's cute that you think the Rags group is elite in some way, but they're honestly really, really bad. Easily one of the worst U25 cores in the entire league. The only way NYR is even in the discussion is if we just ignore guys like Hischier and Provorov and try to look only at "prospects".

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
I shouldn't expect a Rangers fan to read between the lines, but the Devils have the best F group, Philly has the best D group, and its Phily>NJ>>>Rags overall. It's cute that you think the Rags group is elite in some way, but they're honestly really, really bad. Easily one of the worst U25 cores in the entire league. The only way NYR is even in the discussion is if we just ignore guys like Hischier and Provorov and try to look only at "prospects".

Reading b/w the lines Zacha is wayyyy too high, Buchnevich too low...

Buchnevich: 1.78 P/60, 1.36 P1/60
Zacha: 1.06 P/60, 0.86 P1/60
(5v5)

And of course the strength of NYR is with their prospects...the U25 age group covers draft years where NYR were contending for a Cup and had very little draft capital. They're still in the 1st calendar year of a rebuild.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Ah... I still remember my first beer.....
Severson and Butcher are both solid second pair dmen and Smith>=Dobson. Isles get f***** destroyed when Pulock is on the ice and Toews doesn't have a huge sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad