GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - 1:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

"It's a lot of fun right now to be a Devil, we're playing fast, we're playing the right way."

"We're not passive, we're going after games, we're going to win".

"The energy in the room has completely shifted".

"Even down 2-1 going into the third in the locker room we felt we could come back"

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What's the game limit for goalies? I remember back in 2017 they wouldn't stop forcing the stupid ''Matt Murray is the first goalie to ever win two Stanley Cups as a rookie'' meme. But Murray didn't play very many regular season games his first year and that's all they count.

A reporters asked Nas in the post game about the Calder thing also. Maybe he was watching the post game in the media room and heard Steve say it first.:laugh:

ken dryden says shut the f*** up murray folks

Reactions: Bleedred

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I've said it a few times, but I am really loving that Nas is just letting them go out there and make plays. Nico has been in beast mode since the Hall trade. Hughes continues to create and not get rewarded often enough for it. Gusev and to a lesser extent Subban look like different players compared to the first 20 games.

More of this I say, so long as Blackwood continues to handle it.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Boston was missing a few players including Krejci and a couple of defenders.

The passing was not great, especially in the offensive zone. Too many in the skates of guys or passed too hard out of reach. I will say the breakout passes were decent and simple. I don't remember any reckless low percentage 100 foot passes out of the zone.

Wood got slashed on the wrist pretty badly, but he came back.

Ahh good on the Wood front...

That was his glove stuck in the corner for awhile, I guess! Refs just left it there for a whole shift or two...

Passing was bad on the NJ side, for sure. Been systemically bad all season, so I guess that is a practice / talent / consistency issue..

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

"It's a lot of fun right now to be a Devil, we're playing fast, we're playing the right way."

"We're not passive, we're going after games, we're going to win".

"The energy in the room has completely shifted".

"Even down 2-1 going into the third in the locker room we felt we could come back"
Imagine that... what a difference removing the coach can make. And removing an obvious distraction.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
We can pay him and he would definately cost less than hall would have.

His game should age fine, doesn’t really rely on his skating

i'd be impressed if his skating got slower...i don't think it really can...so yea it should age fine.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Man...Mac really put Mueller on the spot there.

I thought Mac was "awkward" doing Public Speaking.

Mueller was like "uhh....ummm..."
I like Mac's interviews. Feel he is actually trying to answer the questions, and answers them pretty thoughtfully.

Reactions: swiiscompos

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
That was Blackwoods best game for a shootout victory. I was so shocked that we went so many rounds. I was dreading the boston sealing the SO with a goal at the last few rounds. MB i think learning how to be better in the shootout, only once was he beaten so cleanly with a good move. Severson playing redeemer with that fancy move, thank god it was on right net this time :)
I think if he ever figures out that his stick can be used proactively to poke check MB'sshootout performances rise to a whole new level.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nas called Blackwood a Calder trophy candidate and honestly it’s hard to disagree

He didn't even realize Blackwood was Calder eligible when a reporter posed the question to him. Honestly I thought Cangi was a little loopy when he first said it on the broadcast but Blackwood was barely under the rookie number last year, I thought he played more tbh.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad