Friedman: Devils to trade the rights to Miles Wood? He has permission to talk to other teams.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I mean it would be hilarious if the Leafs won a bidding war for an overpaid Wood.

BOdcmq0CcAA5QPj

You shall call him...Wendel Wood!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
if fitz manages to trade the ufa/rfa rights of severson, blackwood, sharangovich, graves and wood in the same off-season he should be in the running for gm of the year.

current summary:
ufa rights severson
rfa rights sharangovich
rfa rights blackwood

for

toffoli
6th round pick

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
If Toronto wants the literal dumbest 4th liner in the NHL, they can have him.
The irony here is that Miles Wood comes from long line of Ivy League educated family members and was accepted into Brown and Princeton himself. He is often team/league representative on union matters and generally viewed by other players as one of the smartest guys in league.

Actual IQ doesn't always mean Hockey IQ, I guess.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
The irony here is that Miles Wood comes from long line of Ivy League educated family members and was accepted into Brown and Princeton himself. He is often team/league representative on union matters and generally viewed by other players as one of the smartest guys in league.

Actual IQ doesn't always mean Hockey IQ, I guess.
He spent an entire game in the press box listening to a crypto podcast. Who cares what schools he was accepted to. Knowledge =/= wisdom

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He would be a good addition to a team’s middle six. That team, though, would need the cap space for him.

lol No he definitely would not.

Toronto has a good history of signing NJ's "physical" bottom-6 players.

At least Clarkson was actually a legitimately good player at the time of the signing. He had become an actually good defensive player even if those 2 goal scoring seasons were never to be replicated. Wood was not even a useful NHL after Romanov destroyed him.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I remember his dad sprinting down the left wing, dropping his shoulder, and driving to the net, usually simply shunting the puck in the general direction of the goalie over, and over, and over. He used to drive me crazy.

The kid is bigger, faster, has even worse tunnel vision, and that's when he was healthy.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Wood was a good player but injuries have destroyed him, teams absolutely hate playing against him and tend to chase him around but the ref's know him and will always pick up every single thing he does.
Zero room left in NJ for him but hopefully he can regain some of that success somewhere out West.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I really really liked him a few years ago, but he’s lost a lot of his game. It’s a tough role and usually not long lasting

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This will probably be his long term deal isn't it? While i like him as a player i'm a little scared when it comes to his durability.
Any GM giving him a long term deal should be immediately released from their GM position. Unless by long term you mean cheap side of a 3/4 year deal. Even that seems a bit too long.

Reactions: Hisch13r

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
This seems like a Dorion move to replace some of what they lost with Formenton last year, except that Wood isn't very good. Dude can skate in a straight line and I'm not sure what else he does anymore.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
There was a time when I would've given a limb to see the Pens swing a trade for Wood. His speed and physicality would've been a ::chef's kiss:: addition to the bottom six of those post-cup teams (not that the Devils had any reason to trade him within the division)

Not shocked at all that his style of play has gotten him here, but its a sad moment. Hopefully he can continue his career elsewhere and adjust his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad