Friedman: Devils to trade the rights to Miles Wood? He has permission to talk to other teams.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Friedman has Tweeted that NJ has granted Miles Wood permission to talk to other teams about acquiring his rights prior to July 1st.

I will be honest I do want this player in Toronto in the bottom 6, he'd be a major target for me and I think he's going to get a lot of interest.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
This will probably be his long term deal isn't it? While i like him as a player i'm a little scared when it comes to his durability.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He would be a good addition to a team’s middle six. That team, though, would need the cap space for him.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
He would be a good addition to a team’s middle six. That team, though, would need the cap space for him.
Lol you want him as a 4th line energy guy who can score here and there and nothing more. He should not be getting more than 12 minutes a game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't know why you'd trade for him when if you really wanted him you could just sign him on July 1. Doesn't seem like all that much of a hot commodity to me.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
thats a shame. he's the type of player the devils need with all the softies up front.
no, the devils need good players

he's bad, kills any line he's on, and take penalties like he's got contract bonuses for doing so

A 4th liner that can contribute offensively is a valuable piece.
Not when he also bleeds chances and murders you on penalties

Reactions: Hisch13r

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Wood's combination of size & speed was awesome, guy was a bull out there. He was at least, injuries have taken a toll. He's still pretty fast but he's clearly lost a few steps so the amount of dangerous opportunities he'd create with his speed alone has decreased substantially.

He's a 4th liner nowadays. Not the brightest out there either, took a bunch of really dumb penalties at the worst times. But he was our dummy and I'll miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad