Confirmed with Link: Devils to retire Martin Brodeur's #30 02/09/16 vs Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Waiting on the line to get my photo with the statue, Stanley Cup and the vezina trophy. I'll probably leave after the picture cause I'm dvring the game anyway but this was such a nice night and setup by the Devils. Im rather critically of the way the front office has run stuff in the past but I think they deserve some kudos for this tonight.

On my only negative note, trying to watch the game on the scoreboard screen here really makes it show it's age since I never pay attention to it during the game. It's really hard to follow the puck on it. Would be lovely to see an upgrade to it in the upcoming seasons.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Of course there are 2 morons here in Rangers jerseys. One in an Avery and one in a Messier. They shouldn't have been allowed in.

How desperate and starved for attention can people be?

I'm sorry daddy didnt pay attention to you growing up, but there are better ways to resolve your feelings.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
If it were up to me, I would have commissioned a statue of Marty in his prime double stacking his pads or playing the puck in the corner - doing one of the many things he made famous over his career.

Why commemorate the diminished Marty in a sad moment saying goodbye before moving on to play for the Blues? He did so many amazing things that could have been captured instead!

It's not really a complaint, just my initial thought when I saw the statue.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If it were up to me, I would have commissioned a statue of Marty in his prime double stacking his pads or playing the puck in the corner - doing one of the many things he made famous over his career.

Why commemorate the diminished Marty in a sad moment saying goodbye before moving on to play for the Blues? He did so many amazing things that could have been captured instead!

It's not really a complaint, just my initial thought when I saw the statue.

Marty said he wanted his face to be seen, and he always did that pose when he saluted the fans. After all the records and everything.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Was going to scoff at that myself but apparently there is a market. Just checked and a few of the coins from tonight are already on eBay - one past $50 with a bunch of bidders and another getting some bites at $30.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Of course there are 2 morons here in Rangers jerseys. One in an Avery and one in a Messier. They shouldn't have been allowed in.

At least it was during an actual Devils-Rangers game though being a STH I would NEVER give free passes to a Marty event to a Ranger fan whether it was a family member, friend or significant other. There were public tickets on sale so I don't really care if one of them had to pay to get in, but that'd be even more bizarre.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone know if they plan on selling Marty pucks tonight like the other jersey retirement nights? I'm mad at myself for not buying the other, so I'd like to get one of these for my Devils collection.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Anyone know if they plan on selling Marty pucks tonight like the other jersey retirement nights? I'm mad at myself for not buying the other, so I'd like to get one of these for my Devils collection.

They've been selling them the past few nights. So unless they sold out already, they should have some tonight.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
Posted this in the tickets thread, but I have 2 for tonight in 210 for my cost ($320 for the pair). DM me if interested.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They've been selling them the past few nights. So unless they sold out already, they should have some tonight.

Cool, thanks. I doubt they sold out as I imagine they made 4,582,195 of them.

EDIT: And I see there's already a slew of them on EBAY for $20 to $30 or so, so worst comes to worst I'll go that route. lol

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Cool, thanks. I doubt they sold out as I imagine they made 4,582,195 of them.

EDIT: And I see there's already a slew of them on EBAY for $20 to $30 or so, so worst comes to worst I'll go that route. lol

The official game pucks were $20 and they seemed to be limited. The souvenir pucks were $12 and they had stacks and stacks of them.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hmm what's the difference? Did not realize there were two types floating around.

Exactly what he said.

A "game puck", is literally a puck that is used in the game. It's an NHL puck, specially created to be used on the ice tonight, and tonight only.

A "souvenir puck" will not see playing time. It is a limited, special design, and is in the same style as the previous Daneyko, Stevens, and Niedermayer pucks.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

They were $8 last night. They were restocking them like every 15 minutes so I have no idea what the supply will be like today

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Marty to TG; :cry:

“These guys [the fans] were there my rookie year until the last game I played. My first game, some guys were 2 years old and now they're 25 years old. So, that relationship stayed, that bond that we had. It's not the biggest fan base, but it's one of the best ones because it's really personable. The fans that are here are true Devil fans and you see it when you travel around the league. When they played on the road, they came over or whenever the Devils set up events, you see them over and over and so you recognize these people because they're there every single year supporting this team.”

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Exactly what he said.

A "game puck", is literally a puck that is used in the game. It's an NHL puck, specially created to be used on the ice tonight, and tonight only.

A "souvenir puck" will not see playing time. It is a limited, special design, and is in the same style as the previous Daneyko, Stevens, and Niedermayer pucks.

For reference:

s-l400.jpg

Souvenir

s-l500.jpg

official game puck

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
A few months back I found a signed Brodeur all-star game-used puck in an antique shop's hockey booth. Cost me $15 and had been authenticated. One of my favorite Devils memorabilia.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
A few months back I found a signed Brodeur all-star game-used puck in an antique shop's hockey booth. Cost me $15 and had been authenticated. One of my favorite Devils memorabilia.

I'm not sure which is more surprising:

1) Finding autographed game-used AS puck (Brodeur no less)

2) An antique shop having a hockey section.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Including a Blues t-shirt...the only item discounted.

I was at the All-Star game last weekend, guy sitting a row down from me and a few seast over was wearing a Blues Brodeur jersey. I don't get buying a jersey for someone that only played for your team that few of games, even if they are a legend. Just seems like a waste of money to me.

3. That it was in Atlanta?

#HockeyHotbed:sarcasm:

Where was this antique shop? I like antiquing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad