Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@TSNRyanRishaug: Big interest in Frolik, met with 6 teams to this point, NJD among them.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Glad Shero's reaching out to him and his camp. Despite people around here twitchy about giving out a 5-year deal to him, I definitely would.

5x$4... let's get it done.

EDIT: Frolik

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Glad Shero's reaching out to him and his camp. Despite people around here twitchy about giving out a 5-year deal to him, I definitely would.

5x$4... let's get it done.

EDIT: Frolik

I would have no problem with that at all. 4Million is actually cheap for a 27 year old 40 point producer that would instantly become our best RW.

I do that in a second.

You do that and maybe the right side normalizes a bit with
Frolik
Kalinin(*possibly)
Bernier(has to be signed or maybe even don't resign and play Matteau here?)
Tootoo

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't mind signing Frolik. I just don't think he's needed honestly. I wouldn't complain if we signed him, but he's just more of what we have in my opinion.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I would have no problem with that at all. 4Million is actually cheap for a 27 year old 40 point producers, that would instantly become our best RW.

I do that in a second.

You do that and maybe the right side normalizes a bit with
Frolik
Kalinin(*possibly)
Bernier(has to be signed or maybe even don't resign and play Matteau here?)
Tootoo

I really get the idea Bernier isn't coming back. No contact Shero and doesn't fit the profile of the type of player he is looking for.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 31s32 seconds ago
Ray Shero says RFAs Eric Gelinas and Adam Larsson will both get qualifying offers this weekend before Monday's 5 p.m. deadline.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I really get the idea Bernier isn't coming back. No contact Shero and doesn't fit the profile of the type of player he is looking for.

I suppose he wouldn't fit a more up tempo team? In that case, Kalinin is most likely his intended replacement?

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
If $4M/yr is all it takes then I am ok with it. We do need RW's.

And I'm not advocating this, but St. Louis is only 2 years removed from a 70 point season and he did have 52 points last year. As far as him being toast due to playoff performance, remember that lots of people said the same thing about Jagr. (Not comparing the players or situations, just circumstances).

Honestly a top 6 of Zajac, Elias, Henrique, Camm, Frolik and St Louis wouldn't be terrible.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
isn't he a RW?

He can play all three positions but primarily RW. But he's left handed. Not that I wouldn't sign him because he's left handed, but I would prefer a right-handed player.

I like the player, I like his versatility, but I just think he's redundant on this team. He's the best free agent for his age and his likely price so I don't have a problem signing him.

It's like when we signed Mozik, I couldn't complain I just wished he were left handed.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He can play all three positions but primarily RW. But he's left handed. Not that I wouldn't sign him because he's left handed, but I would prefer a right-handed player.

I like the player, I like his versatility, but I just think he's redundant on this team. He's the best free agent for his age and his likely price so I don't have a problem signing him.

It's like when we signed Mozik, I couldn't complain I just wished he were left handed.

I view him as a player that would make our middle-6 at least a little more respectable in the immediate term, and a player that would end up being extremely useful in the long-term.

He's the type of player that you want to have when you're winning. Especially if we give him 5 years, he'll be here for the upswing. As our guys start to develop, he'll get pushed down into the slot where he should be.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If we get Frolik, I would have to think the money and/or term will be big. There aren't many solid free agents this year. The Devils will have to compete with several other teams.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I suppose he wouldn't fit a more up tempo team? In that case, Kalinin is most likely his intended replacement?

I wish I knew the plan my man, it just doesn't feel like Bernier or Gomez are coming back. I know Shero is busy, but it's getting late not to have at least reached out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad