NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_4529.jpeg

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This doesn't even move the needle for me. If he's done by year three, bury him in the minors and move on.

Lots of folks overreacting imo
Yea it's really not that big of a deal. We've spent more money paying guys not to play here.

We are still paying a guy almost a quarter of that next year and he hasn't been here in so long that people lose their minds even hearing his name.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Dumb but whatever. I'd like to see him actually defend guys this time around.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Got to love Fitz fighting with Bratt's agent for years to shave some of the final cap hit only to use the savings from him accepting a deal below 8 on a guy they can only play 5 min a game. At least the contract can mostly be buried in the AHL and the term probably prevents another team from claiming him on waivers so Fitz doesn't do another move like this
I think it can be completely buried?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I don't hate it. Can be mostly buried in the AHL if needed, and no one will claim him with that long of a commitment, so it gives us flexibility.

It's fine, whatever, mid, etc.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
People are acting ridiculous here. My goodness the overreactions! Same people would be screaming at Fitz "why didn't you protect our forwards" every single game next season where we have one of our forwards cheap-shotted or we get run out of a building physically.
I guess people are desperate for more news to react to lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
People are acting ridiculous here. My goodness the overreactions! Same people would be screaming at Fitz "why didn't you protect our forwards" every single game next season where we have one of our forwards cheap-shotted or we get run out of a building physically.

who exactly did Macdermid "protect" last year? He sat and watched when Nemec got his ass kicked.

Of course the money is meaningless, its tying yourself to a useless player for 3 years that I have a problem with. I truly hope that this isn't a pre-cursor to rest of the offseason.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Dumb but whatever. I'd like to see him actually defend guys this time around.
That's not how he sees it. Look at how he played for NJ this season. He didn't hit anyone in a menacing way that I can recall and did he fight anyone other than Rempe? My recollection is he just sort of skated up and down his wing doing nothing one way or the other. He's a cheap extra player they can roll out if they need a big thug. I'm fine with the contract because it's disposable but frankly I'd prefer a thug that actually acts like a thug. MacDermid seems too bound by the NHL enforcer honor code. Rempe is the sort of player that is useful by head shotting players on the other team he hurts them and puts them out of the lineup. That's much more valuable than some lame payback fight that puts a mediocre player in the box for five minutes.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I guess people are desperate for more news to react to lol

LOL Maybe. I mean I know we'll get people who will worry over the coach they didn't want, or if Fitz overpays for a "Palat" type again, or overpays for a goalie trade - which is fair (to some degree).

Either way - I will wait for Fitz to do his moves - and we'll see where things sit in 2 months time after coach, draft, FA, trade frenzy completes.

Reactions: Devilsfan118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad