Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Unless we are getting Saros with a reasonable extension in place, I really don't want to deal the 10OA. I would think it would take more than the pick anyway, I just mean as the main piece.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Most likely not. I also don't think we'd be overly interested for that price either.
Sabres are overstocked on the L side
And of those, MS is the only one being moved. I have seen where our pick at 10 for him has been suggested.

Last edited:

theguybro

Jul 26, 2021
McNabb is perfect for Devils. Defensive defenseman that block shots, can play top 4 minutes and great cap hit. Perfect stop gap for one season to see if the likes of Sigenthaler can bounce back or Bahl to continue his development without being forced into a top 4 role.
He’s exactly what the devils need for the upcoming season . He won’t cost much to acquire and there’s no long term commitment.

Reactions: Smitty426

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Sabres are overstocked on the L side
And of those, MS is the only one being moved. I have seen where our pick at 10 for him has been offered.
They're really not. Both Dahlin and Power can play the right and Samuelsson's contract isn't hindering enough to unload him, especially with the upcoming cap, that he can't be a shutdown 3rd pairing LD. That and Byram really hasn't proven he should be a top 4 dman yet IMO. Bryson and Clague are nothing burgers. They're deep but they're not overstocked especially since they don't have anyone in the pipeline.

Now they could choose to allocate their resources differently and unload Samuelsson's deal but then all you're doing is either weakening your left side or just overstocking it again and weakening your right side. They really don't have a reason to move off of Samuelsson and they want to get back to the playoffs just as bad as we do.

If anything, they'd trade from their defense group to strengthen their forward group. They wouldn't offload them for draft picks.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
I would imagine that Buffalo will look to move Byram for top 4 RHD to balance out their pairings.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
They just acquired Byram, I don't think they are looking to flip him already

I don’t know - they already have Dahlin, Power, and Samuelssen signed LT. while these guys are capable of some games on their off-hand - I don’t think that’s ideal.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Why would they move their captain?
Yeah, I doubt it happens but it's not like captains don't get traded when teams are at crossroads.

That kind of player and pedigree are needed in that third line slot.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad