Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sorry, but this team suffered catastrophic injuries which teams only go through once in a decade, if not longer. Being healthier alone gets them into the playoffs this season.

Make the proper coaching and lineup additions and this team will have another rebound year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Unless the bubble dramatically improves in the offseason, it's not going to take much to return to the playoffs. The bar is pretty low. Better health and some goaltending gets us back in easy.

But the goal should be beyond just getting in. They should be aiming to challenge for the Metro and be a competitive playoff team.

Which is why it's imperative Fitz gets this coaching hire correct (which means cleaning house) and filling a lot of these current roster holes.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I'll post the video whenever the team does, but that'd be crazy if so. It's insane he stuck it out as long as he did.

This snippet below restores all faith in our golden retriever, Dawson.

Dawson is really a great kid. Heart and soul player all the way. Love players who really want to be here.

If he gets stronger in the off-season, he will win more of those 50/50 puck battles where he has room for improvement. I’m expecting a big bounce back season from him.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Hearing about what Timo’s injury was and knowing how badly he played calls into question why the team didn’t leave him shut down for an extra month.

He was probably hurting the team with his play and I’m guessing playing through it was both painful and delayed recovery. It was a nice lose-lose situation the Devils couldn’t pass up on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad