Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I wonder how this is going to work with Kinkaid previously signing an AHL deal with Chicago.

For the backstory, they are trying to go without an NHL affiliate after they had issues with NHL teams forcing their hand roster-wise. I think it culminated with the Hurricanes telling them to play Kyochetkov in the Calder Cup a few years over the goalie they preferred.

Feels like this might be a situation where the Devils loan him there unless they need him on the NHL team while Daws is injured to start the year.

Kinkaid will then just be a last case scenario if the Devils end up needing a goalie behind Kallgren at some point.

daws is hurt, if kallgren gets claimed on waivers then Brennan would be next up
Kallgren doesn’t need waivers I believe. I think that was a huge reason why the Devils targetted him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like this move, and actually suggested on here even before July 1st that Kinkaid would be a guy I’d target, as I didn’t think we’d get much better for a third string guy that him.

He is 34, so you never really do know, but I think he’s better than Kallgren, who is pretty bad at the NHL level, though significantly younger.

Kinkaid is not someone at this stage that you want playing a lot of NHL games, but he’s done fine as a call up in limited action since washing out of the league on a full time basis.

I guess he was signed by AHL Chicago earlier in the off-season, but they are not an affiliate of any NHL team, so he’s now signed with us?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
LOL HES BACK

I WAS JUST JOKING IN THE NFL THREAD, my bad. @Bleedred

IMG_0026.jpeg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Looks like he’s an alternate captain. No idea who the captains are though, has that been announced?

I believe it's Luke, Filmon, and Stillman. Originally reported they were the three alternate captains, but I think they meant alternating captains - as in, most players will only get a game or two, so all three of them will wear the C at some point.

Amanda specifically said Nemec, Halonen, and Clarke are wearing A's.

Reactions: My3Sons

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
daws is hurt, if kallgren gets claimed on waivers then Brennan would be next up
I had read that Kallgren was waivers exempt, but I just looked it up on CapFriendly and I see you're right.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Meh, don’t necessarily love Nemec and Luke there…especially Luke. Nothing to prove against that competition and why risk injury?
They risk injury every time they step on the ice. This challenge alwyas has the top players playing in it depending on their current schedule with their current team.

A little surprised Luke is there, for sure.

Not surprised at all that Nemec is. He still hasn't played an NHL game.
Holtz was there last year even after playing games the year before. No reason why Hughes wouldn't be there.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad