Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
It'll be good to see Gelly back tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing Severson back probably after the All-Star break.

From Lou's comments, it wasn't clear that Gelly would play. Sounded like Fraser is top choice if he can go.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I just saw this guys thread on the prospect board-Artemi Panarin. Has 54 points in 44 games played for SKA in the KHL(leads the team in points). 23 years old(went undrafted), I know SKA is good with money and he's a bit small in size but I think it would be nice if the Devils go after guys like this. They lost out on Sekac last year which sucks but if there is a chance to get this guy to the NHL the Devils should be right up on it.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24664

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
When Severson is ready to return, would a Gelinas-Severson pairing work. Or is that too offensive. I would like to keep the Greene-Larsson pairing, even though I think for balance, Severson will join Greene again so we go with an offense-defense pairing.

Greene(D)-Severson(O)
Merrill(D)-Zidlicky(O)
Gelinas(O)-Larsson(D)

If Zidlicky is traded, then I would rather choose to keep Fraser's toughness in the lineup over Peter Harrold.
And I can't see Salvador fitting anywhere even though he is the captain. If he becomes fit again, it doesn't make sense to give him games given we aren't making the playoffs and surely there is no way he will back with the team next season.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I just saw this guys thread on the prospect board-Artemi Panarin. Has 54 points in 44 games played for SKA in the KHL(leads the team in points). 23 years old(went undrafted), I know SKA is good with money and he's a bit small in size but I think it would be nice if the Devils go after guys like this. They lost out on Sekac last year which sucks but if there is a chance to get this guy to the NHL the Devils should be right up on it.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24664

good player, go back and watch highlights of the russia-canada gold medal game in 2011 WJC. two goals in that comeback

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
When Severson is ready to return, would a Gelinas-Severson pairing work. Or is that too offensive. I would like to keep the Greene-Larsson pairing, even though I think for balance, Severson will join Greene again so we go with an offense-defense pairing.

Greene(D)-Severson(O)
Merrill(D)-Zidlicky(O)
Gelinas(O)-Larsson(D)

If Zidlicky is traded, then I would rather choose to keep Fraser's toughness in the lineup over Peter Harrold.
And I can't see Salvador fitting anywhere even though he is the captain. If he becomes fit again, it doesn't make sense to give him games given we aren't making the playoffs and surely there is no way he will back with the team next season.

i, for one, hope they keep larsson with greene.

greene-larsson
merrill-severson
gelinas-zidlicky

i understand people wont be all gung-ho about that third pairing, but at ES they should be playing the least. then load them both up on the PP. realistically, zid should get moved at the deadline anyways.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So it is ok to have a tough physica stay at home DMan in the lineup?

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
it is the TOI is positively correlated to their skill level

i expect the sheriff to log many minutes per game in his own end when he joins us

All coaches try to do that but somebody is always hurt or out of the lineup...So someone is always going to have to play over their skill level.

And when you start with people who are already playing at or near capacity of their skill level it only get worse as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad