Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Emperoreddy said:
Thread is done, let's try and leave this goal stuff behind and not bring it to the new thread please.

Can we at least carry over the unadulterated hatred for each other?

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@mirtle: Been lot of Stuart Percy talk in Toronto for obvious reasons but similarly interesting story is Devils' Damon Severson. Keep an eye out.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Be prepared for us to start getting talked about nationally if we win tonight. Devils will suddenly be a story.

I think if they can beat Washington today and if San Jose goes undefeated tonight..... Will set up some interesting game for Saturday.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Kovalchuk appears to be completely back together again as he's tearing up the KHL at almost a 2ppg and 1gpg. Have to wonder how badly injured he was the past couple of years. If he wins the Gagarin this year I wonder if he'll look to make an NHL return?

I think his contract ends with the KHL this season or next. Probably wouldn't be allowed back by a vote though so he'd have to sit out a year. Hmmm sure hope that happens, this is definitely the Kovy we knew pre back injury. Only playing 18 mpg too, Pete could learn from that and not overuse the dude.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
Great trip, happy with team and upward trajectory thus far. But the Ryan Carter/Tootoo thing is going to be a negative factor for this team, as is the mandatory icing of Gionta. A 4th line that had Carter and Ruutu as well as the OPTION of playing Josefson and maybe even Brunner on occasion just makes for a better hockey team.

Tootoo and Gionta are just zero. Carter was a guy for this team. Scored big goals, played hard, smart. Tough. Fought when needed. I do not get that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kovalchuk appears to be completely back together again as he's tearing up the KHL at almost a 2ppg and 1gpg. Have to wonder how badly injured he was the past couple of years. If he wins the Gagarin this year I wonder if he'll look to make an NHL return?

I think his contract ends with the KHL this season or next. Probably wouldn't be allowed back by a vote though so he'd have to sit out a year. Hmmm sure hope that happens, this is definitely the Kovy we knew pre back injury. Only playing 18 mpg too, Pete could learn from that and not overuse the dude.

He signed a 4 year contract with St. Petersburg in July 2013 - He has 3 years remaining. And he can't come back anytime soon.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If someone said we'd start 3-1 this season, I would've taken that in a heartbeat. Lots of positives to take from the first three games. This team looks a lot better than last year, the young guys all seem to have taken a step forward, and the summer signings are doing great (hopefully Havlat is okay).

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Kovalchuk is gone and never coming back.

The quicker you can accept that, the easier it will be.

Although the guy likes the money, he does actually want to get the Cup. With the Russian economy tanking, who knows what retiring escapades he will pull again so I wouldn't say never.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
If Havlat is out, what about a 2nd/3rd line of Ruutu-Elias-Brunner?
As much as I would love to see Ruutu get a chance on the 2nd line, I highly doubt DeBoer splits up Elias and Zubrus. I think its a simple matter of just plugging Brunner on that 2nd line in Havlat's spot.

Camm - Zajac - Jagr
Zubrus - Elias - Brunner
Clowe - Henrique - Ryder
Ruutu - Gio - Tootoo

After all of this, you have to wonder what Josefson is thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad