Devils Team Discussion (All Current Team/Player News) - Offseason thread part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Status Quo*

I have a feeling that if the Avs don't resign Stastny, the Rangers will nab him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Stastny would have trouble cracking 50 points here. He was a 60 point player playing with Landeskog and MacKinnon... what would he do with Ruutu and Brunner?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I have a feeling that if the Avs don't resign Stastny, the Rangers will nab him.

Blues or Rangers would make sense. Stastny grew up in St. Louis but I'm not sure if he'd sign out of the division out of courtesy to Colorado, or if he'd prefer playing them as often as possible.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We would hate any Statsny deal in about 2-3 years.

I'd shocked if it took that long...you'd probably have to pay him somewhere in the vicinity of 7m to get him out of Colorado people would freak out if he put up 48 points for 7m.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Stastny would have trouble cracking 50 points here. He was a 60 point player playing with Landeskog and MacKinnon... what would he do with Ruutu and Brunner?

He'd be playing with Henrique and someone else .

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I'd shocked if it took that long...you'd probably have to pay him somewhere in the vicinity of 7m to get him out of Colorado people would freak out if he put up 48 points for 7m.

Yeah if you sign Statsny you have to trade w/e it takes to get him a top line winger to play with or it's a complete waste. He certainly isn't a center who makes others better just by being there.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I would think Vanek would put up more points than Stastny here but I wouldn't mind either. Obvipusly there is a risk that the deal will be hated in 3 years or so but if you're looking to build a team capable of winning a cup you have to take risks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

if we can get another young 50 point player without giving up assets, we can live with the overpayment imo

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I would think Vanek would put up more points than Stastny here but I wouldn't mind either. Obvipusly there is a risk that the deal will be hated in 3 years or so but if you're looking to build a team capable of winning a cup you have to take risks.

No, you have to build from within and then sign complimentary players in FA.

We haven't completed step 1...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He'd be playing with Henrique and someone else .

Did you watch MacKinnon setting him up this season?

Go type "Stastny goal" on YouTube.... you won't see too many from this season that don't come from MacKinnon.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
if we can get another young 50 point player without giving up assets, we can live with the overpayment imo

And then you have no money for the wingers you need.

I don't want a 50 point player for 7 million.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No, you have to build from within and then sign complimentary players in FA.

We haven't completed step 1...

They have a great goalie, defense that produces points and doens't give up many goals, and two forwards capable of producing 60+ points(Jagr and Elias), Zajac is a good top 6 center, Henrique can produce 25+ goals, so signing a top 6 forward like Vanek would help them tremendously.

I would love this team to build a new forward core from within but that is a few years away from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad