Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Rostislav Olesz (1 year, $1M)

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Honestly, is Gionta even in Newark this year? We've already run out of spots and we're still talking about acquiring more forwards, and Gionta and Josefson are the only two guys with two-way contracts, no? I think we're looking at the distinct possibility that neither of them are in the lineup opening night.

(don't go crazy over these line combos, just trying to fit everyone in)

Henrique - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Loktionov - Clowe
Tedenby - Zubrus - Ryder
Olesz - Carter - Bernier

Now imagine if Matteau or Boucher or even Whitney impresses out of camp? Things are already screwed up on the off-chance Tedenby actually makes himself look like an NHL player.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course I forgot Josefson is still looking for a contract. Maybe the one-way/two-way thing is the hold-up right now.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Honestly, is Gionta even in Newark this year? We've already run out of spots and we're still talking about acquiring more forwards, and Gionta and Josefson are the only two guys with two-way contracts, no? I think we're looking at the distinct possibility that neither of them are in the lineup opening night.

Tedenby - Zubrus - Ryder
Olesz - Carter - Bernier

Now imagine if Matteau or Boucher or even Whitney impresses out of camp? Things are already screwed up on the off-chance Tedenby actually makes himself look like an NHL player.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course I forgot Josefson is still looking for a contract. Maybe the one-way/two-way thing is the hold-up right now.
We do have a **** ton of options...It's entirely possible that Gio doesn't play on the Devils this year. That all depends on how Olesz, Yayo, and the other cusp guys perform. If they play like they are able to they will be in over Gio, no doubt. They're more talented there's not question about it.

Clowe-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Zubrus-Yayo-Ted/Matteau/Boucher
Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Gio's only spot is on the 4th, and if Olesz impresses...he could easily not play. He'll get in bc of injuries though for sure.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
We do have a **** ton of options...It's entirely possible that Gio doesn't play on the Devils this year. That all depends on how Olesz, Yayo, and the other cusp guys perform. If they play like they are able to they will be in over Gio, no doubt. They're more talented there's not question about it.

Clowe-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Zubrus-Yayo-Ted/Matteau/Boucher
Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Gio's only spot is on the 4th, and if Olesz impresses...he could easily not play. He'll get in bc of injuries though for sure.

Henrique!! It's over! !

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
One thing's for sure, it's safe to say, over an 82 game season, we're gonna be glad to have all of Gionta, Olesz Josefson, Tedenby, Matteau, and maybe even Boucher able to fill in for injuries before Barch, Sestito, and Pelley(?) get a chance.

Last year, losing any of our top-6 players was a death knell.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Tedenby - Zubrus - Ryder
Olesz - Carter - Bernier

Ya trades and waives will be happening. Someone has to go. Unless one of Gio/Olesz just busts

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
One thing's for sure, it's safe to say, over an 82 game season, we're gonna be glad to have all of Gionta, Olesz Josefson, Tedenby, Matteau, and maybe even Boucher able to fill in for injuries before Barch, Sestito, and Pelley(?) get a chance.

Last year, losing any of our top-6 players was a death knell.

This is what I'm saying. No line is set in stone for the season.
We're going to see all of them at some point, and if somebody wants to play well enough to steal a roster spot from the rest of them for an extended period - that's only of a benefit to the team.

It's worth noting that none of the above have played the bulk of a full NHL season yet either - with the exception of Olesz, and it's been a while since then.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Rod Pelley?

D6PfW.jpg

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I definitely like that Olesz can kill penalties. We need versatile players like him in the bottom 6.

Im soo happy we have depth. An injury wont kill our season this year !!!

In fact, injuries may help us in some ways. An injury on defence would make more room for one of the kids to slot in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad