Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Reid Boucher to ELC

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I hope he doesn't develop a similar way to Pierre Dagenais. Had a lethal shot, and tore up the Q with 66 goals. The following 2 seasons with Albany he had 35 and 34 goal seasons. Bounced around the NHL and AHL througout his career. Last played in the FHL a few years ago.

Wow, look at this game I just found that he played in:

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak.com/boxscore.html?gameid=1876881

There's an FHL team in my home town. Dagenais was pretty much the Gretzky of the league that year. He put up games like that every night.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I know a couple guys who played in the FHL. They were slightly better than I am.

Yeah. Of course a guy like that is going to tear it up. It's glorified men's league.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
While I wouldn't disagree one bit, I think the bigger thing to look for is the progression rather than just point totals. I find one of the best indicators of a young player(for scoring potential at higher levels) is seeing a constant rise in the stat line. So the 62 goals and 94 points is not what I find impressive, it is the +44 in points from one year to the next and the -19 to a +15 is what catches my eye.

Still one year jumps don't tell you much, but 3 year rises absolutely tell you a tremendous amount.

For me the jury is still out. I believe a year in Albany will tell you a lot.

EDIT:
There seems to be progress in every year he has played...Which is very encouraging in my opinion.

That's a great point.

65 GP 17 G 23 A 40 P
62 GP 13 G 19 A 32 P
66 GP 12 G 15 A 27 P
66 GP 22 G 29 A 51 P

Niclas Bergfors' AHL career. Started off strong, slowly declined, then had one great year and made the jump to the NHL. Eventually fizzled out.

It's also worth noting that Boucher was the youngest player drafted in 2011, if he was born a few days later he would have been 2012 eligible and likely would have gone in the top-60.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I dunno if he would have gone top 60 in 2012 either actually. Maybe 3rd round. But that is arguing at details.

The kid has lots of areas that need improvement but he seems to be showing signs of making improvements while maintaining that goal scoring prowess. Hard not to be happy with his development.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
I hope he doesn't develop a similar way to Pierre Dagenais. Had a lethal shot, and tore up the Q with 66 goals. The following 2 seasons with Albany he had 35 and 34 goal seasons. Bounced around the NHL and AHL througout his career. Last played in the FHL a few years ago.

Wow, look at this game I just found that he played in:

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak.com/boxscore.html?gameid=1876881

Is that a joke league? I'm not even kidding, I'm not familiar with it.

apice3*

Is that a joke league? I'm not even kidding, I'm not familiar with it.

I think that's the FHL, which is where players go if they're not good enough for the ECHL. It's the equivalent of single-A baseball.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Do you guys think Reid Boucher could be a top 6 NHL forward someday?

He'll go as far as his wicked shot will take him. He's never going to be mistaken for a defensive forward. But I think he has a good chance at it if his development curve continues like this.

he'll be our Kessel in a couple years

Nah, a couple years in Albany and Boucher will know how to play defence capably. Kessel still doesn't know there's ice beyond the back blue line.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm not worried about Boucher's defense as much as his skating. He's gonna need to skate better to consistently find open ice in the big leagues. He clearly has the drive though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad