Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Reid Boucher to ELC

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Sarnia's season is still going on so he won't be in Albany until after that ends.

ermahgerd

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
h1F4AAFAD

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can see him being brought in later this season, and given a shot. He'll probably go to the A, but I can see him getting a chance like Matteau.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
pretty much anyone can play on our top line this season so seeing Boucher-Lokti-Kovy at some point wouldn't surprise me at all.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Tom Gulitti
‏@TGfireandice
Reid Boucher's contract doesn't begin until 2013-14. He's not eligible to play in NHL this season.

booooo

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Boucher could sign AHL tryout deal after Sarnia's season is over and play in Albany -- as he did at end of last season.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I`m kind of glad they`re not going to Kreider him. Let the kid develop. His skating still needs work.

Was going to say something similar.
I know the team is desperate for goals, but rushing this kid isn't going to solve that problem.

Excited to see what he can do in Albany later on, though.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The first step on the path to the NHL is getting drafted, the next step is getting signed. Congratulations to Boucher for taking the next step.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why let him develop but not Matteau? Just asking. Personally I think they should both develop, so I'm not disagreeing.

apice3*

Why let him develop but not Matteau? Just asking. Personally I think they should both develop, so I'm not disagreeing.

Haven't seen more than a couple games/highlights of Boucher, but I read he's a small kid with meh skating, meh defense, and meh passing. He has a wicked shot and is very smart without the puck. It's hard to base an NHL game on so few attributes, so you work on the meh stuff as he improves in a lesser league.

Matteau was different. Matteau was a good all around player with an NHL frame, so he's learning on the fly. He has the size and talent to be an NHL player at 18. Boucher has other parts of his game to work on before getting there.

The reason I don't think Matteau went back to juniors was because he wasn't going to get much better there. He relied heavily on his size to excel, and he's not going to improve what needs to be improved on there. If he was elgible for Albany, I bet he'd be there. I also wouldn't be surprised if Matteau was sent to Albany when his junior season ends, or even next season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haven't seen more than a couple games/highlights of Boucher, but I read he's a small kid with meh skating, meh defense, and meh passing. He has a wicked shot and is very smart without the puck. It's hard to base an NHL game on so few attributes, so you work on the meh stuff as he improves in a lesser league.

Matteau was different. Matteau was a good all around player with an NHL frame, so he's learning on the fly. He has the size and talent to be an NHL player at 18. Boucher has other parts of his game to work on before getting there.

The reason I don't think Matteau went back to juniors was because he wasn't going to get much better there. He relied heavily on his size to excel, and he's not going to improve what needs to be improved on there. If he was elgible for Albany, I bet he'd be there. I also wouldn't be surprised if Matteau was sent to Albany when his junior season ends, or even next season.

Alright fair enough, and I see. I think Matteau might play next season in Alabany too to develop a little bit before being brought back in 2014.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Matteau's size and strength made it more feasible for him to be here in a bottom 6 role. But I still think it is/was a poor decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad