Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Mike McLeod to three-year Entry Level Contract

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Love it.

Wonder if they'll burn a year if we're out of the playoff picture at the end of the season.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Love it.

Wonder if they'll burn a year if we're out of the playoff picture at the end of the season.

That'd be doubtful. For 18/19 year olds, they'd have play 10 games to burn a year so it's not the same situation as Wood/Santini last year. Mississaugua's regular season ends on 3/19 and the Devils only have 10 games after that. I don't think they'd insert McLeod for the remainder (plus if Mississaugua makes the playoffs, their season would obviously be extended).

Edit: It'd be similar to Zacha last year. Once Sarnia was out of it, Zacha joined the team at the end and dressed in a game then joined Albany for the playoffs.

Last edited:

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Expected and standard, but glad it got done.

On another aside, one of our team's "fans" msged McLeod on Twitter saying that Shero is the worst GM of all time for "Three years for someone who hasn't played a single NHL game. Embarrassing".

Derp fest.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

On another aside, one of our team's "fans" msged McLeod on Twitter saying that Shero is the worst GM of all time for "Three years for someone who hasn't played a single NHL game. Embarrassing".

Derp fest.
That's pretty dumb. :laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Derp fest.

What's really embarrassing is that comment. Sheesh. :help:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Zacha-McLeod down the middle for ten years. Make it happen, hockey gods, and make it awesome.

Godzilla facepalm.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Congrats to him on signing his first professional contract. I have such high hopes for him and I am looking forward to following him in juniors this year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Derp fest.

I didn't know Whiskey was on Twitter.:sarcasm:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Derp fest.

im pretty sure they're trolling.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
McLeod should play a game before he gets a contract so that he can play a game to get a contract

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
That comment is bad but the worst I saw on Twitter was someone pencilling in Savard into our lineup projections and they weren't kidding.:shakehead

Glad we got McLeod and looking forward to seeing him play for us next season.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The worst thing about that twitter comment is that it makes the Devils fans seem like idots. Sad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When I first saw this thread last night, it was right after I woke up from my post-work nap that I take a few days a week.

I got excited when I saw the red ''Confirmed with link:'', thinking that it was a bigger move than this. I guess I thought we had already signed McLeod to a deal back in the summer.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
When I first saw this thread last night, it was right after I woke up from my post-work nap that I take a few days a week.

I got excited when I saw the red ''Confirmed with link:'', thinking that it was a bigger move than this. I guess I thought we had already signed McLeod to a deal back in the summer.

Confirmed with Link: Nothing actually happened just trolling Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Confirmed with Link: Nothing actually happened just trolling Bleedred

I also got the notification for the Yakupov injury a minute before that, and I thought we had traded for him. I even though I saw ''New Jersey Devils'' in that notification, but it was clearly just me half asleep still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad