Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Martin Havlat (1 year, $1.5M)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's whatever. Not happy, nor mad.

If this was the ONLY move we made today I would be incredibly annoyed with this signing.

Much better than Gionta at $4.2 million for three years. Also has the potential to be better than making a stupid Olesz or Bobby Butler signing.

Not an awful player, just a dude that can't stay healthy. I do believe the team is better than last year. Not much better, but a little bit. This almost assuredly pushes Zubrus to the 4th line, and possibly even someone else that wouldn't be on the 4th line. At least when these guys are healthy.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Camm - Zajac - Jagr
Henrique - Elias - Havlat
Clowe - Zubrus - Ruutu
????-Yayo-?????

Brunner and Ryder look like they will be moved. They can't play on the 4th line.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I doubt Havlat is going to be playing top 6 majority of the time. Either he'll be injured or not playing well enough.

This season will only be Brunner's 2nd full season in the NHL and he's one of the more productive forwards we have. He should be kept. Ryder I feel like he'll have a bounceback year but it won't be here.

Camm-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Brunner/Havlat
Clowe-JJ/Zub-Ruutu/Havlat/Brunner
AHL-JJ/Zub-Ruutu/Havlat

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I.... ok

ill trust you guys on this one. but I just dont get it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wow, another guy that gets injured if you look at him wrong, but at $1.5M, who cares.

He hasnt been very good in several years, but if he rebounds and doesnt break his leg, arm, ankle, foot, sphincter, etc., this could be the steal of Free Agency.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
You gotta figure that Lou is looking to trade somebody. Unless he believes Zubrus and Ruutu can be on the 4th line and have Ryder and Brunner on the 3rd. Or Clowe really is in bad shape.

Somethings gotta give here.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I mean, for the price and length its not a horrible acquisition but this guy posted a whopping 22 points in 48 games last season sooooooo....

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm good with this signing. Very shrewd move Lou.

Lou could have been an investment partner with Warren Buffett in another life

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He could very well be a fourth liner that moves up in a pinch if we have any injuries. I wouldn't pencil him in to the top six yet.

He's better than Zubrus when he's actually playing. Maybe not a lock for the top 6, though top 9 for sure.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Really very little to dislike about this. Low cost, shortest term possible, and it means the end of CBGB. This is a smart signing in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad