Confirmed with Link: Devils Sign D Colby Sissons to three-year Entry Level Contract

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They shouldn't it doesn't with drafted players, but I also can't remember us ever making a signing like this. Kinda strange if you ask me.

Obviously they saw something. So in that sense it's exciting.

Organizational depth may have played a role as well.

According to his elite prospects stats he already has a goal and 2 assists in 2 games for Swift Current.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The risk is that he doesn't develop and isn't even a decent pro and now you're stuck with a dud contract for 3 years. The Rangers have this with Troy Donnay, a guy they signed at 18 who is now on year 3 of an ELC that have seen him play an overage season in junior and one in the ECHL.

It's less of a risk given how empty NJ's defensive prospect pipeline is, but still.

LA seems to do this every year. The only risk to me is you might lose a prospect due to the contract down the road that you would prefer to have over a busted prospect. However, that can easily be planned around.

I was trying to look to see what prospect they did it with, but I personally can't find which prospects were UDFA that were still eligible for the draft when they signed them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad