GDT: Devils @ Red Wings Happy Thanksgiving 7:00 MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have started Schmid tonight
And last game too.

But I guess because he had one of his good games (there haven’t been many, so it’s easy to remember the good ones) on opening night against them he gets to play them again.

But for some reason this doesn’t apply to the goalie that’s a .951% with two shutouts and 3-1 against the Rangers, so we had to throw out the guy that got HUMPED by the Rangers the last two times he played them and then goes on to lose a back breaker to them the other night.

This is really the second time this needs to be questioned, after they threw Vitek in against the Capitals and expected Akira to sit for at least 11 days after he actually had a good game. Until he had to go in there and clean up Vitek’s mess.

Vitek wishes they let him play this much last October/November, when he was actually hot, instead of making sure shit bag got his obligatory games, because he was really good against Vancouver between 2018 and 2020.

#makingvitekhappen

Reactions: longislanddevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d be careful calling that, but he inspires absolutely no confidence right now.

Lindy needs to be tested for dementia for leaning on him so much.

If they’re not gonna play Akira then they need to send him to the AHL and call up Kallgren or Kinkaid.

And then we won’t have to ask why Vitek gets to play all these games and they keep throwing him out there. We’ll know why when all they have behind him Kallgren or Kinkaid.

Guy is pacing to play 63 games this year and 58 starts once the puck drop.

At least we know he’s guaranteed to sit one of the next two games because it’s a back to back…….. or is he?

If we lose this game and drop to NHL 500, he might play him both games of the back to back. Especially if we lose that Columbus game.

#makingvitekhappen

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We posting cats?? This is Zuby

71139756212__4460E457-136F-4A5E-ACCA-8C79CD6E44D7.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ridiculous. Schmid suddenly gonna get the Holtz treatment from last season? f***ing send him down if he is only gonna play once every two weeks. Lunacy the number of starts Vanacek is pacing for when he has been TRASH.
Maybe if Schmid goes and tells the press he doesn’t know why he isn’t playing more he’ll get more starts.

Again, it’s f***in stupid they weren’t even playing Vanecek this much last year when he was actually hot. They couldn’t wait to halt his hot streak in early November to give Blackwood a couple starts (he got injured in the second one) and they even played Schmid once a week after the other guy got hurt.

#makingvitekhappen

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I’d be careful calling that, but he inspires absolutely no confidence right now.

If they’re not gonna play Akira then they need to send him to the AHL and call up Kallgren or Kinkaid.

And then we won’t have to ask why Vitek gets to play all these games and they keep throwing him out there. We’ll know why when all they have behind him Kallgren or Kinkaid.

At least we know he’s guaranteed to sit one of the next two games because it’s a back to back…….. or is he?

If we lose this game and drop to NHL 500, he might play him both games of the back to back. Especially if we lose that Columbus game.

#makingvitekhappen
It could be management as well. Marty has said in interviews that he wants Vitek to play more games to get into more of a rhythm.

Definitely does not inspire confidence given
that Vitek has never been particularly good. It’s not like he has some stellar track record to fall back on.

Reactions: Bleedred

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Maybe if Schmid goes and tells the press he doesn’t know why he isn’t playing more he’ll get more starts.

Again, it’s f***in stupid they weren’t even playing Vanecek this much last year when he was actually hot. They couldn’t wait to halt his hot streak in early November to give Blackwood a couple starts (he got injured in the second one) and they even played Schmid once a week after the other guy got hurt.

#makingvitekhappen

Like honestly, if Schmid isn’t gonna play, I am serious they might as well send him down so he can play a ton and sign Halak or some shit.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was gonna say hopefully we rub their nose in the dirt like the Rangers did to them a couple of weeks ago, when they looked absolutely pathetic and worthless, and couldn’t even score on Quick until it was far past garbage time, where they exploded for 3 goals in several minutes when they were down 5-0.

But with the way Vitek has played I wouldn’t be surprised if they do that to us, before we have one of our patented almost comebacks that we fall short of this year.

I’ll take a good game from Vitek, but the rope is just gonna keep getting longer and longer. Not sure what it will take to break this, so we better just hope he catches fire like he did last October/November and January.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

#makingvitekhappen
Kallgren played one preseason game and was actually pretty good. Gave up one goal something that is foreign to Vitek

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kallgren played one preseason game and was actually pretty good. Gave up one goal something that is foreign to Vitek
Don’t buy that from him. Guy is horrific at the NHL level and last I saw he’s horrific in the AHL this year too.

And he’s played a decent number of NHL games the last two years with Toronto.

Not to mention that he’s already about 27 years old. Same age as Vitek. So it’s not just some young goalie that’s struggling and will pan out. He’s probably already making plans to return to Europe to resume his career next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad