Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Mattias Tedenby

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Wouldn't we still have his rights for a couple more years? He's only 25.

The Devils would still retain his rights as long as Lou tendered his QO, but I'm not sure how that works when someone is released from a contract.

EDIT: Well I found this - http://www.thealbanydevils.com/season-2012-13/2013-01-13 So he was released from his AHL player contract, but does that still mean the NHL portion of his contract exists? It apparently works that way for Stephen.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
actually josefson is miles ahead of tedenby defensively

Actually, I never said Josefson was not better than Tedenby defensively in either of my posts. Typical HF comprehension issues.

Give the guy consistent time in the top 6 for 10 games and see what happens. Give him a chance on our abysmal powerplay, it couldn't hurt. He got TWO games this year in the top 6. And that's even a stretch since he was benched for the 3rd period in at least one of those game. The other 2 he played were on the 4th line with Janssen.

Fun fact: The only time he got to play with top 6 players consistently (and power play) was under Lemaire as a rookie, and he PRODUCED. He has NEVER gotten a fair shot under Deboer. That's why many people on the board still defend him. Hey, he might not be able to cut it. Who knows. But at least give the guy a fair shake.

apice3*

here's the thing though, at what point does "has to be with skilled players" become a detriment to the team. at best, you get what sykora was for us a couple years ago. at worst, you get an absolutely useless player. the fact is, a player that can only not be a detriment to the team when they're on the top line is not a good player. if he can put up 45 points playing all year with elias then great, but there are plenty of other players that can manage that and also not be absolutely awful whenever they're not with elias.

Kovalchuk has yet to record a point in his Devils career on the 4th line, with the exception of CBGB. And he's double shifted quite often, and an infinite amount better than Tedenby.

To expect Tedenby to produce with Barch, Boulton, Janssen and players of that ilk is simply unfair.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Kovalchuk has yet to record a point in his Devils career on the 4th line, with the exception of CBGB. And he's double shifted quite often, and an infinite amount better than Tedenby.

To expect Tedenby to produce with Barch, Boulton, Janssen and players of that ilk is simply unfair.

that's two completely different situations though. one player is trying to earn ice time, the other is double shifting because the first can't.

i'm not expecting tedenby to produce with barch, but i am expecting him to produce with josefson and zubrus. i guess we'll see if he can do that this year, but if he can't, his future doesn't look good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad