Confirmed with Link: Devils Re-Sign Jordin Tootoo (1 year, $825k)

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Tootoo is not better than Ruutu. For whatever reason the management had a man crush and Tootoo and gave him extended ice time up top.

Tootoo will not repeat is 13% shooting percentage. It's whatever. Hopefully he doesn't play above the fourth line or keep guys like Matteau out of the lineup.

I agree, I think Ruutu is better for the 4th line than Tootoo as well. I don't realyl care about Ruutu's contract anymore considering there is only a season left of it so him on the fourth line is pretty decent.

I feel like Ruutu get's a lot of unnecessary blame. Him being taken out of the lineup really won't change the Devils fortunes.

This teams troubles is the top six's production, Ruutu being a healthy scratch won't change anything if Tootoo is still in the top 6(nothing against Tootoo it just shows how bad the RW depth is) and if Zajac struggles again(Ruutu had the same amount of points as Zajac 5v5).

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Tootoo worked really well with Zajac and Camm the way Henrique did with Kovy and Parise. I think it's more an indication of how good Cami is than Tootoo. I agree that Ruutu is a better option and that he gets an unfair amount of criticism. I also agree that Clarkson is much better than Tootoo.

That said, he's not a guy that's going to hurt the team. He would be a good playoff asset I think. And he seems to be very well liked. So I'm fine with it. There is basically 0 risk with a signing like this.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather have Tootoo than the Boulton, Janssen, Peters, or P3L garbage.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Tootoo worked really well with Zajac and Camm the way Henrique did with Kovy and Parise. I think it's more an indication of how good Cami is than Tootoo. I agree that Ruutu is a better option and that he gets an unfair amount of criticism. I also agree that Clarkson is much better than Tootoo.

That said, he's not a guy that's going to hurt the team. He would be a good playoff asset I think. And he seems to be very well liked. So I'm fine with it. There is basically 0 risk with a signing like this.
Well if he plays first line minutes, that should be a concern.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Well if he plays first line minutes, that should be a concern.

Yeah, let's hope we have the RW depth next year to use guys like Bernier and Tootoo properly. As nice of a story as they both were, I'm not expecting either of them to repeat the seasons they had.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If Tootoo is seeing significant first line minutes next year, it's more of a problem with the Devils roster and/or coaching staff than it is with Tootoo or this particular signing.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Tootoo is not an enforcer, he's an agitator. More closely in relation to the Brad Marchands of the world. Tootoo wouldn't be fighting heavy weights like Engelland, for better or worse, that's why Mark Fraser is in the line up.

Was. Was. For the love of God, WAS.

I never want to have to use the present tense when discussing Fraser ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad