Devils re-sign Henrique to multi-year contract (6yrs $24M)

Nat

Aug 14, 2011
Didn't he had some minor hand injury in the beginning of season? I remember seeing him with the bandage on the wrist.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Could Henrique work well with Jagr and Zajac?:dunno:

Possibly but it leaves us with only two legit centers and a potentially offensively dead third line. JJ is just not going to morph into a playmaker and Gomez isn't the answer. So while Hernique might be better at wing, until we can get another legit center it makes sense to try and spread the offense out and keep him at center.

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Possibly but it leaves us with only two legit centers and a potentially offensively dead third line. JJ is just not going to morph into a playmaker and Gomez isn't the answer. So while Hernique might be better at wing, until we can get another legit center it makes sense to try and spread the offense out and keep him at center.

Henrique - Zajac - Jagr
Cammalleri - Elias - Havlat
Clowe - Zubs - Ryder
Ruutu - JJ - Brunner

No good?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
You know, every time I see footage of games from last year, it is with Henrique and Elias scoring while on the ice together.

I think they really need to be together.

Cammy Zajac Jagr
Henrique Elias Havlat
Brunner JJ Ryder
Clowe Zubrus Ruutuu

ugh. that 3rd and 4th line.

I can't say I've been a big Clowe proponent, but when he's good, he's good.
When he isn't, he's just as invisible as Ryder on a bad day, and twice as Slowe.

Ryder is just as frustrating.

Brunner and Ruutuu haven't been disappointing.

Zubrus looked great for 3 games and then just lost it.

Honestly, if I was Lou, and I was committed to this being a 'bridge' year - I would move whatever immovable pieces I could move off of those last two lines, and let Matteau and Boucher start the kid movement 1/2 way through the year.

I could deal with a 3rd line of Matteau <> Boucher.

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
After seeing the `` Adam Henrique 2013-2014 goals `` video on Youtube it seems to me like Henrique is the Rebound/Deflection Master of the century... Its either that... Or a nifty play by either Jags, Elias or Ryder who leads to a Henrique goal..

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
After seeing the `` Adam Henrique 2013-2014 goals `` video on Youtube it seems to me like Henrique is the Rebound/Deflection Master of the century... Its either that... Or a nifty play by either Jags, Elias or Ryder who leads to a Henrique goal..

He's got the same nose for the net that Parise does. Although I'm not sure Henrique will ever hit quite the goal totals Parise did in his best years. But I think 30 goals is certainly possible.

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
He's got the same nose for the net that Parise does. Although I'm not sure Henrique will ever hit quite the goal totals Parise did in his best years. But I think 30 goals is certainly possible.

Shot from the blueline + Henrique in front of the net = Goal..

Are the defensive pairings paired up with the offensive ones?( I have no idea)...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Pretty easy to forget Henrique has ONLY played 200 NHL games in his career.

Considering the goal scoring woes this team has had over the previous 2 season Henrique has been magnificent...

Since their rookie years, Henrique has compared favorably with Landeskog every single season...initially the narrative was it was just because of being on a line with Parise and Kovalchuk...

Now we are three years away from that and Henrique still compares favorably.

Henrique = 200 55 62 117
Landeskog = 206 59 77 136

Landeskog signed to 2021 with an AAV of $5,571,429
Henrique singed to 2019 with an AAV of $4,000,000

And people had the nerve to call that contract too long or too much :dunno:

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

Considering the goal scoring woes this team has had over the previous 2 season Henrique has been magnificent...

Since their rookie years, Henrique has compared favorably with Landeskog every single season...initially the narrative was it was just because of being on a line with Parise and Kovalchuk...

Now we are three years away from that and Henrique still compares favorably.

Henrique = 200 55 62 117
Landeskog = 206 59 77 136

Landeskog signed to 2021 with an AAV of $5,571,429
Henrique singed to 2019 with an AAV of $4,000,000

And people had the nerve to call that contract too long or too much :dunno:

Well at the time I thought it was a risk, but I'm glad I was wrong.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Since their rookie years, Henrique has compared favorably with Landeskog every single season.

Generally agree. I'm not sure using Landeskog as a comp is great, though, since Landeskog is nearly three years younger than Henrique. Landeskog is delivering that performance and is just turning 22. Teams pay a premium for that. Henrique is no slouch, but he'll also turn 25 this season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Generally agree. I'm not sure using Landeskog as a comp is great, though, since Landeskog is nearly three years younger than Henrique. Landeskog is delivering that performance and is just turning 22. Teams pay a premium for that. Henrique is no slouch, but he'll also turn 25 this season.

They're only 2 years apart in age.

Born Feb 6 1990
Born Nov 23 1992

I guess if you want to get technical 2 years, 9 months, 17 days ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad