Devils Rangers line brawl to start the game (8 game misconducts given out)

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Man, I like Jennifer Botterill typically but she is woefully unaware of her blindspots.

Whenever there's important fights or references to the code she becomes incredibly opinionated about how irrelevant it all is etc.

She was a world class female player, but she has never played in a league with any sense of toughness, intimidation, etc so she really isn't qualified to be so opinionated on something she doesn't understand.

As someone who played, the right fights at the right time can literally galvanize your team's entire identity and turn a season around. It creates that 'us against them' mentality and means that you're willing to live and die for each other, block that extra shot, etc.

If you haven't played, you don't understand that. And if you've only ever played women's hockey, you likely understand just about everything in the game except for that.

I'm not a misogynist and I'm certainly not telling her to shut up because she's a woman. I just find that on this one topic she could hold her opinions a little bit more lightly since they are constantly opposed by those on the panel who, you know, actually played in games where this could happen, and she has no lived experience to fall back on.
What level did you play? I accept your take and it is clear a fight at the right time gets the bench going and can keep certain cheapshot artists on alert but the issue is not that type of fight to me it is the staged fight. You cannot get it out of hockey but you can minimize the need for it given the issues so many retired fighters have had.

• Haha
Reactions: DarrylshutzSydor

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Millers actions after the fight were disrespectful and broke the code. This is why hockey is great, because you are held accountable. And he will see his retribution......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad