Devils' prospects Santini, Wood look to motivate each other at Boston College

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
steve_santini_boston_college_020315.jpg
Photo: Boston College defenseman and New Jersey Devils prospect Steve Santini will look to bounce back from an injury-shortened 2014-15 campaign when the Eagles begin their 2015-16 season in the Fall (courtesy of Richard T Gagnon/Getty Images)

</p>Steve Santini and Miles Wood have shared parallel paths on their way to the NHL.

They were both drafted in the 2013 NHL Draft by the host team, the New Jersey Devils. Santini was a skilled defenseman taken in the second round on his way to a prestigious college hockey program. Meanwhile, Wood was a relatively unknown forward selected in the sixth round who was still playing in prep school.… read more

The post Devils’ prospects Santini, Wood look to motivate each other at Boston College appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Is it easy to find streams of BC games? I know some of the college networks/ESPN/NBCSN show games, but not every game.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Loved the article, only mistake is that wood was drafted in the 4th round, Dudek was the one drafted in the 6th round

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I love this, I hope they can really form some comaraderie, making it easier to sign Wood. I know education is important to him and his family, but if he performs well he can make the jump early and finish his degree over time like a lot of other athletes have done.

He really looks like he might be a diamond in the rough and a special player.

EDIT: read the whole article, looks like they already have a bond. This should only be good news for us.

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Does anyone know Wood's current height/weight? I've seen it listed a number of different ways, but reports from camp were that he was a pretty big kid on the ice. I'm curious what his current specs are and I'm wondering if he has an NHL ready body or not. If he learns to use his size well he could dominate in college?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Does anyone know Wood's current height/weight? I've seen it listed a number of different ways, but reports from camp were that he was a pretty big kid on the ice. I'm curious what his current specs are and I'm wondering if he has an NHL ready body or not. If he learns to use his size well he could dominate in college?

Im not sure. Everything has him listed at about 6'1 180ish.

From what i saw at the 3v3 he looked every bit of 6'2 and much closer to 200. Maybe im way off because of gear. Im sure people will have something to say after they see him today also.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Im not sure. Everything has him listed at about 6'1 180ish.

From what i saw at the 3v3 he looked every bit of 6'2 and much closer to 200. Maybe im way off because of gear. Im sure people will have something to say after they see him today also.

I thought I had seen him listed up to 6'2" at this point, but there's info out there that had him at 6'1" 160. If he's being considered a power forward now I've gotta think he's closer to your approximation.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I like that Santini and Wood have a bond. I think that could only be good for the Devils down the road. I want as many of our young players as possible to develop close ties to one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad