Prospect Info: Devils Prospect Poll 2013- #4

apice3*

I wouldn't sleep on Myles Bell. I think he could be a St.Louis-esque steal of a draft pick. The kid has such a high ceiling

Honestly, he might be a better prospect than Boucher. If he didn't have the accident, he was projected as a top 60 pick each of the last 2 drafts prior to this one, IIRC.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Honestly, he might be a better prospect than Boucher. If he didn't have the accident, he was projected as a top 60 pick each of the last 2 drafts prior to this one, IIRC.

But that was as a d-man. He's a converted forward now and the Devils drafted him to be a FW. It's gonna take a while before he learns how to play the position properly.

It's one thing to do it in Juniors, but a whole different story in pro leagues.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
But that was as a d-man. He's a converted forward now and the Devils drafted him to be a FW. It's gonna take a while before he learns how to play the position properly.

It's one thing to do it in Juniors, but a whole different story in pro leagues.
On the other hand, it's easier to go from defense to forward than the other way around.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
On the other hand, it's easier to go from defense to forward than the other way around.

Oh absolutely. I agree. But it's still a change after playing a different position your whole life up until this point. It's not easy and it will take some time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bell and Boucher in Albany are going to be interesting to keep an eye on this season ...

If either are for real, you'll know this year, or least get a very good indication.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to have to go catch a few A-Devil games this season. With the possibility of Severson, Bell, Boucher, Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Matteau and Wedgewood all being there I think that is a must this season.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to have to go catch a few A-Devil games this season. With the possibility of Severson, Bell, Boucher, Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Matteau and Wedgewood all being there I think that is a must this season.
I don't think Severson will be there, sadly. The others all should (although one of Gelinas/Urbom will probably be in the NHL, I think).

Helgeson and Scarlett should both be in the AHL also, though, and I've NHL hopes for them both.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
maybe i value pro-ready as more important than others on here, i've been voting Matteau since poll 2

He didn't look NHL ready to me. He filled a spot because there wasn't much choice.

I think these defensemen are closer to being productive in the NHL than Matteau but the Devils didn't have the same opportunities for them as for forwards last season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't think Severson will be there, sadly. The others all should (although one of Gelinas/Urbom will probably be in the NHL, I think).

Helgeson and Scarlett should both be in the AHL also, though, and I've NHL hopes for them both.

I thought he played out his junior eligibility?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ahh he's not even 20 yet...my mistake.
Edit: wow he's really younger than I thought, he won't be 19 until next week.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Ahh he's not even 20 yet...my mistake.
Edit: wow he's really younger than I thought, he won't be 19 until next week.
Yep. He's barely older than Seth Jones (who turns 19 at the beginning of October) and had a comparable statistical season (on a worse team).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad