Prospect Info: Devils Prospect Poll 2013- #2

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
62 goals in 68 games is just unreal

And his two way game improved from the year before, as well as most other aspects of his game. He worked hard on his skating and fitness in the offseason before this past season and by many accounts and it clearly paid off. By many accounts, his two-way game improved as well.

He was a one trick pony when he entered the OHL, but that's not the case anymore.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013/07/30-teams-in-30-days-new-jersey-devils.html

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
62 goals in 68 games is just unreal

As an overager playing on the best line of the best team in a league filled with 17 year olds.

I'm thrilled with how Boucher has progressed, but we need to temper our expectations. He's raw as hell and only has one career season of merit. To crown him as the next coming is incredibly premature. He still has a LOT of proving to do, anyone can catch lightning in a bottle one time.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I actually think this is a fair statement. But Boucher really has only had one spectacular junior season...it's tough to gauge..I think if he continues to produce at the pro level the conversation completely changes but for now skepticism is reasonable.

I think his lack of size will be an issue at the next level. I don't think the 60+ goals was a fluke, he clearly has an excellent shot and a sniper's instincts, but he needs to develop other parts of his game to support that.

I think he's still too raw to put into the top tier of prospects. I believe that "safer" prospects like Severson and Gelinas who have nearly as high potential, but project more reliably, should be rated higher.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I'm taking a chance on Boucher, though it was a toss up between him and Severson. I think Severson is more of a "sure thing". Hoping Boucher puts it together in the A, but I'm not counting on him really being the next big thing.

Add Kujo

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I think it's Boucher. What he did was special. And we haven't had a forward that offensive to be excited about since...who?

It's a close call though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad