Prospect Info: Devils Prospect Poll 2013- #2

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
The first few days always end up being landslides so after about the top 5 I will make the polls 2 days long.

New Jersey Devils Prospect Rankings
1. Jon Merrill, D (NCAA) University of Michigan, Drafted 38th overall 2010 (72.41%)
11328953-large.jpg

Place your vote and make sure to nominate the next prospect to be added. I will start with the top 10 prospects IMO in the poll.

Here is the list of the organization's prospects that fit HF's criteria.
Graham Black
Riley Boychuk
Anthony Brodeur
Brandon Burlon
Maxime Clermont
Blake Coleman
Artur Gavrus
Curtis Gedig
Seth Helgeson
Mike Hoeffel
Ben Johnson
Dan Kelly
Alexander Kerfoot
Ryan Kujawinski
Blake Pietila
Derek Rodwell
Mike Sislo
Ben Thomson
David Wohlberg
Miles Wood
Harry Young

Nominations- Kujawinski (4), Helgeson (3), Black (2), Wood, Pietila

Last edited:

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
Severson, add Kujawinski

This one should be interesting. It was very tough for me between Gelinas and Severson because Gelinas has performed at the AHL level very well but I believe that Severson is going to be a true gamer and has higher potential. Could see Boucher getting some more votes too, but he is a little riskier.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Severson, add Kujawinski

This one should be interesting. It was very tough for me between Gelinas and Severson because Gelinas has performed at the AHL level very well but I believe that Severson is going to be a true gamer and has higher potential. Could see Boucher getting some more votes too, but he is a little riskier.
I feel pretty much the same way between Gelinas and Severson...went with Severson.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Gonna be fun to see how the next four or five spots play out. Mix up any of Gelinas, Severson, Matteau, Urbom, and Boucher in any order and you can likely make a reasonable argument for it. I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet.

Urbom is probably closest, Gelinas is next with a higher upside but more questionable defense (which will determine if he ever makes it at all), Matteau is probably more likely to make the pros than Boucher but Boucher might have more upside, Severson is the shiny new toy that everyone thinks is all-world despite having never played a pro game and having more time in juniors than most prospects, and then there's Wedgewood who can fit wherever depending on how you value goalie prospects.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
As much as Boucher may be exactly what we need, he still has massive bust potential. I think a lot of people are blinded by his raw stat totals, he's absolutely a one trick pony. Even if he does get to the NHL, he might just be a points compiler and not the impact player many think he will be.

Severson, I feel like it's only a matter of time before he's an impact player. He just doesn't have any flaws in his game.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Should be Gelinas imo. He's already an AHL defenseman and I don't see Severson with a high enough ceiling advantage to overcome the "closer to the NHL" advantage Gelinas has.

Just me, though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
In no world should Boucher win this over Severson. Gelinas could, but no chance Boucher does

Why? Boucher had way more of a remarkable season than Severson did, and he did it in only his second CHL season. He made notable improvements in all areas of his game and his scoring blossomed as a result. Severson is about to start his FIFTH and he's only just now making a name for himself as a top prospect. It's just as likely that Severson ends up like
Eckford or Corrente before Shea Weber.

There's as much reason to be optimistic about Boucher as there is about Severson. It's not ridiculous to prefer one over the other, or neither.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Should be severson. Severson, Merrill and Larsson will anchor our d corps for the next 15 or so years...if none of them are traded..
with gelinas, urbom, santini and possibly scarlett filling in the holes.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I like both Gelinas and Severson, but I'm going with Gelinas because of his proximity to the NHL. If he doesn't win this one, I think he absolutely has to be #3.

Add Helgeson.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
what has severson proved that boucher hasn't? both have been great and it's a matter of personal preference. voted boucher but was 50/50 with severson.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
what has severson proved that boucher hasn't?

I actually think this is a fair statement. But Boucher really has only had one spectacular junior season...it's tough to gauge..I think if he continues to produce at the pro level the conversation completely changes but for now skepticism is reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad