Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

ercGCHc.jpg

DEVILS (31-12-4) AT PREDATORS (23-18-6)

Head-to-Head

This is the second and final game between the Devils and Predators this season. Nashville snapped a three-game win streak for New Jersey with a 4-3 overtime victory at Prudential Center on Dec. 1, 2022. Ryan Johansen scored twice, including the game winner, while Colton Sissons and Mikael Granlund also scored.

All three of the Devils goals came in the middle frame with Kevin Bahl, Jesper Bratt and Alexander Holtz scoring. Bratt and Holtz had power play goals and the Devils converted on two of their five man-advantage opportunities.

Devils Team Scope
The Devils are cruising in January with a 8-1-2 record and are currently riding a two-game win streak. New Jersey's last four games have gone to overtime or a shootout; however, the Devils have only lost one of those contests (Jan 19 in Seattle, 4-3). The biggest key to picking up at least a point in these games has been a key player scoring in the final minutes of the game to send it to extra time.

Devils center Jack Hughes has 30 goals and 30 assists for 60 points through 47 games. His play has been consistent throughout the year as New Jersey's All-Star continues to be a game-changer night in and night out. Hughes leads his team in all categories (goals, assists, points). Nico Hischier (21G, 25A), Jesper Bratt (18G, 30A), and Dougie Hamilton (13 G, 29A) all have over 40 points this season and have constantly been on the scoresheet. Hamilton is riding a two-game goal streak after scoring the game winning goals on Sunday and Tuesday, and the game tying goal on Tuesday.

Vitek Vanecek and Mackenzie Blackwood make up the Devils goaltender tandem which has been a strength this season. Vanecek is 20-5-2 with a 2.30 goals against average and a .916 save percentage. He is the first goaltender in franchise history to have 20 wins in his first 28 starts since Martin Brodeur achieved this during the 1997-98 season (per Nick Cahill, MSG). Blackwood has a 3.04 goals against average and a .896 save percentage as the netminder helped pick up a big win against the LA Kings and a point against the Seattle Kraken.

Predators Team Scope
Nashville has gone 6-4-0 in their last ten games and are riding a two-game win streak, a big points grab as the Predators are pushing for a playoff spot. Currently, the Predators are five points back from the top wild card spot with one game in hand to Edmonton who currently holds that place in the race.

Nashville's defensive play has kept opposing teams to under three-goals a game on average (2.89 GA/GP) which is 13th in the NHL. Although the Predators are averaging 2.75 GF/GP, which is 27th in the NHL, they've found some big scoring in January. Through 12 games played, Nashville has scored three or more goals in seven of those contests, and have outscored their opponents 37-30.

Filip Forsberg paces the Predators with 18 goals and is tied with Roman Josi for a team leading 40 points. Josi leads Nashville with 28 assists and has a team high six points in the last five games (1G, 5A). Juuse Saros has a 18-13-5 record and has won his last two starts. He has a 2.70 goals against average and a .920 save percentage. Kevin Lankinen may be the backup netminder but he's a solid option when the Predators need him. He's won his last two games and has a 2.64 goals against average and a .924 save percentage. Thursday's game is the Predators final contest before the All-Star break.

By the Numbers
The Devils have picked up points in their last eight games and have gone 7-0-1 in that span.

With wins in his last seven starts, Vitek Vanecek is tied for the eighth-longest win streak in franchise history. Vanecek is also the first goaltender to achieve 7 straight wins since the 2010-11 season.

Predators center Ryan Johansen is seventh in the NHL for face-off wins with a 58.9 win percentage. He is 0.2 ahead of Devils center Michael McLeod who is eighth in the league.

Injury Updates

Devils

John Marino (upper-body, week-to-week)
Jonathan Bernier (hip, IR)

Predators
Mark Borowiecki (upper-body, IR)

mESydTk.png

sbZ5nyR.png

JnmAHMM.gif

3b5F6TO.png

qQrM341.png

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

ercGCHc.jpg

DEVILS (31-12-4) AT PREDATORS (23-18-6)

Head-to-Head

This is the second and final game between the Devils and Predators this season. Nashville snapped a three-game win streak for New Jersey with a 4-3 overtime victory at Prudential Center on Dec. 1, 2022. Ryan Johansen scored twice, including the game winner, while Colton Sissons and Mikael Granlund also scored.

All three of the Devils goals came in the middle frame with Kevin Bahl, Jesper Bratt and Alexander Holtz scoring. Bratt and Holtz had power play goals and the Devils converted on two of their five man-advantage opportunities.

Devils Team Scope
The Devils are cruising in January with a 8-1-2 record and are currently riding a two-game win streak. New Jersey's last four games have gone to overtime or a shootout; however, the Devils have only lost one of those contests (Jan 19 in Seattle, 4-3). The biggest key to picking up at least a point in these games has been a key player scoring in the final minutes of the game to send it to extra time.

Devils center Jack Hughes has 30 goals and 30 assists for 60 points through 47 games. His play has been consistent throughout the year as New Jersey's All-Star continues to be a game-changer night in and night out. Hughes leads his team in all categories (goals, assists, points). Nico Hischier (21G, 25A), Jesper Bratt (18G, 30A), and Dougie Hamilton (13 G, 29A) all have over 40 points this season and have constantly been on the scoresheet. Hamilton is riding a two-game goal streak after scoring the game winning goals on Sunday and Tuesday, and the game tying goal on Tuesday.

Vitek Vanecek and Mackenzie Blackwood make up the Devils goaltender tandem which has been a strength this season. Vanecek is 20-5-2 with a 2.30 goals against average and a .916 save percentage. He is the first goaltender in franchise history to have 20 wins in his first 28 starts since Martin Brodeur achieved this during the 1997-98 season (per Nick Cahill, MSG). Blackwood has a 3.04 goals against average and a .896 save percentage as the netminder helped pick up a big win against the LA Kings and a point against the Seattle Kraken.

Predators Team Scope
Nashville has gone 6-4-0 in their last ten games and are riding a two-game win streak, a big points grab as the Predators are pushing for a playoff spot. Currently, the Predators are five points back from the top wild card spot with one game in hand to Edmonton who currently holds that place in the race.

Nashville's defensive play has kept opposing teams to under three-goals a game on average (2.89 GA/GP) which is 13th in the NHL. Although the Predators are averaging 2.75 GF/GP, which is 27th in the NHL, they've found some big scoring in January. Through 12 games played, Nashville has scored three or more goals in seven of those contests, and have outscored their opponents 37-30.

Filip Forsberg paces the Predators with 18 goals and is tied with Roman Josi for a team leading 40 points. Josi leads Nashville with 28 assists and has a team high six points in the last five games (1G, 5A). Juuse Saros has a 18-13-5 record and has won his last two starts. He has a 2.70 goals against average and a .920 save percentage. Kevin Lankinen may be the backup netminder but he's a solid option when the Predators need him. He's won his last two games and has a 2.64 goals against average and a .924 save percentage. Thursday's game is the Predators final contest before the All-Star break.

By the Numbers
The Devils have picked up points in their last eight games and have gone 7-0-1 in that span.

With wins in his last seven starts, Vitek Vanecek is tied for the eighth-longest win streak in franchise history. Vanecek is also the first goaltender to achieve 7 straight wins since the 2010-11 season.

Predators center Ryan Johansen is seventh in the NHL for face-off wins with a 58.9 win percentage. He is 0.2 ahead of Devils center Michael McLeod who is eighth in the league.

Injury Updates

Devils

John Marino (upper-body, week-to-week)
Jonathan Bernier (hip, IR)

Predators
Mark Borowiecki (upper-body, IR)

mESydTk.png

sbZ5nyR.png

JnmAHMM.gif

3b5F6TO.png

qQrM341.png

Super Excellent!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
OH MY GOD!! @Bleedred ! Look at the motorcycle at the bottom of the page in-between Jack and the car with the D3VLS license plate!

THAT'S YOU! BAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHH!!!!
I didn't even notice that! I keep making these really hidden appearances in the first posts of GDT's and I don't even know about it until someone else points it out.

:laugh:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Saros in net ? Is Wallstedt still up with them?
Either one scares me with both capable of pulling a 50 save shutout out of their ass .

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saros in net ? Is Wallstedt still up with them?
Either one scares me with both capable of pulling a 50 save shutout out of their ass .
If he is up, he hasn't played a second of NHL hockey this year, but Askarov did get a start against Montreal.

And yes, they should literally change the name of the Predators to the Nashville Saros.

Imagine if teams like the Islanders and Predators swapped goalies with some of those other teams right around where they are in the standings or even goalies from some of the teams well in a playoff position.

Can you imagine someone like Bob's cremains playing for the Preds or Islanders? Or Talbot? Or Fleury's bone dust on one of those two teams playing all the games Saros/Sorokin have? Or how about Martin Jones?

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
New fav rabbit hole, weird copyright infringement “quilts”.

A knock-off product I just discovered: download random images related to a sports team + put them on a blanket + ?

And when I say random I do mean random.

B8197E83-0692-4DA5-811F-8680E0B31714.jpeg

This is actually the most sane one to me, probably because it leans heavily on playoff and other more official logos.

Hey there same stock photo lady, this is goofier. Repeat images and low effort picks.
E67764DC-EB8C-46DD-BE8A-9BAF94AB83D7.jpeg

1) The Devils Dens Store, logo twice.
2) The 35th Anniversary logo, everyone’s favorite anniversary really.
3) This one really leans into the original unused Devils logo by having it on all the corners.
4) It’s also all about the feels too. All hearts and loves.
5) Plus, uh, the Devils logo on a football helmet as an “O” spelling out “HOME”? Why not!

Hold the phone, different stock photo ladies coming in hard with their own monstrosity.
9491D8C8-0F81-46B2-B5AA-0186265DF1C0.jpeg

This one is hard to beat because of
1) it’s uncanny valley-ness makes me doubt it’s existence.
2) “There is Only One Nation, New Jersey Devils Nation” over the entire US map is hilarious.
3) KEEP CALM and LET’S GO DELIVS indeed*

*this reminds me of a very high quality bootleg shirt my brother bought me.

978213A4-DE35-4ECE-B5AC-2CD2A445740E.jpeg

Wait, are you a fan of more homemade-looking style logos and want those bootlegged on a crappy blanket? You’re in luck!

A68E0299-C2C2-473C-ACF1-D796EC80BDCB.jpeg

The Ned Flanders one on the bottom is pretty sweet.

Not enough chaos?

58AF144B-D6A9-40FC-B263-3BEF308E4191.jpeg

Graphic Design is someone’s passion.

Here’s my favorite, I can’t wait to hang it on a side of a house as pictured.

BE59E897-92C8-4D82-B0B5-759F8556F938.jpeg

Finally I don’t even know what is happening here but it isn’t good.

8A748891-B676-4105-B8E7-ABE407F324AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad