Devils players...ONE play/moment/shift, etc

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That McKay picture might have been the main catalyst in forking over $500 for a standing room only seat for Game 6 against Anaheim in 2003. I was less than a year out of college, so $500 was a sizable amount of my paycheck (and I had splurged on game 4 already). But I remembered this picture and how few fans stuck around for the away team's full celebration. I was hoping I could have been one of those........but at least we won in game 7.

There are some things in life that you may never be able to experience again - what would are you going to remember forever, going to a stanley cup finals potential clinching game (even regardless of the team) or chilling at home watching the game on some random day of the week

I don't know anybody personally that was there in Dallas in 2000

Also, ESPN did a top 50 of their best commercials and this one made it

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
There are some things in life that you may never be able to experience again - what would are you going to remember forever, going to a stanley cup finals potential clinching game (even regardless of the team) or chilling at home watching the game on some random day of the week

Yup, that's how I rationalized it. Even in watching them not be able to clinch, I never felt like I had wasted my money. Since it was an early game, I loitered for a few hours and got to listen on some conversations with the ABC/ESPN guys. Chris Berman was talking with some fans about football. He declared that the Chargers were his sleeper for 2003.......and they proceeded to go 4-12.

At the time, I was actually wondering if I had actually just witnessed an all-time Classic moment when Kariya returned and scored. It's funny looking back at it now since that was arguably his signature moment in Anaheim. And then less than three weeks later, he was completely hated by Ducks fans. Hell, it's not unlike what Parise did on some levels.

lboogie42*

That one goal by oduya where he went from behind his own net right through the canes defense and scored. That's how I remember him.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
tumblr_mo70zh09Vn1r1axvjo1_500.gif

24claude-blog480.jpg

tumblr_mrrpb45ajB1rhcq0co1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpgd0mqgFz1qe80fgo1_1280.png

tumblr_lq6pgqgAjw1qj0laio1_400.png

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

In 2003, I was a year out of college but living with two former roommates. The fourth room was taken by one of their friends and we never really talked much that year. I was watching Game 7 against Ottawa in my room and I let out an incredibly unmanly yelp/scream when Friesen scored. Simultaneously, the 4th roommate was walking by my open door.

I really hope that was his one memory of me.

I ran into Turner Stevenson, assistant coach for Seattle of the WHL now, at the 2011 Draft. Kinda wish I had some sort of anecdote to share, but instead had a quick awkward exchange with him about whether he knew one of my friends in San Diego (my buddy said they grew up in the same neighborhood, but I know him by his nickname while Turner would have known him by his legal name).

Day later, I realized I could have just thanked him for setting Pascal Rheaume for an early goal in Game 5 against Anaheim. That was the goofy 6-3 game, but the Rheaume goal was a much needed "momentum" breaker.

Also, I can ID that lone glove in the photo as John Madden's as I have a pair of his Mission M-1 gloves at home.

Vilgraining

Jul 7, 2012
Mogilny throwing the puck towards the net, Arnott whiffing. Elias lifting McGillis stick for a split second and sliding the puck by Boucher. 2:32 left. That building going that quiet. Realizing 3-1 was all gone and so was their season.

That was probably the best team we ever had, it is fitting our best offensive player in team history made sure we would have a chance a few weeks later for that cup.

And for me, after we beat the Isles in the first playoff series, i remember driving back with my dad and the entire turnpike was honking and going crazy. The toll from the turnpike to the parkway was basically stopped with people running around with Devil jerseys, horns going crazy and people screaming. I was 9, and I still remember that like it was yesterday.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Game 4 of the 1995 SCF, where Brylin got the puck all alone in front and seemed (to me) to take about an hour and a half to bring it to his forehand and put it in.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Unfortunately this full article has a broken link, but the story where it cuts off is classic

Article from 3/24/06 - Asbury Park Press

bilde

Scott Gomez was caught in traffic on Route 3, surrounded on all sides by cars with Jersey plates. A few more minutes in this congestion and he would be late. The kid from Alaska was preparing to get an earful from his coach.

As his frustration bubbled to the surface, Gomez spotted someone breaking the law, using the shoulder to cut through the gridlock.

When the offender sped by him, Gomez recognized both car and driver. Gulping down a cup of coffee, reading a newspaper, Ken Daneyko was not going to wait out this logjam. ...

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/SPORTS/603240467/1002

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad