GDT: Devils @ Penguins, 7:00 PM, Ode to Roy Batty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
On MoneyPuck it's our 3rd best GSAx

Not surprising. I'd put it above just about every game except the Blackwood games against the Islanders and Rangers early in the year and maybe the Daws game against Buffalo. Might be forgetting a few, but Blackwood's rocking chair shutout against the Flyers was not better than this.

Daws up to a .906 SV%

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
upload_2022-2-24_21-47-12.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
26 goals and 60 pts. Almost like his production stabilized and even improved from his normal like many people here said was going to happen during his unlucky start.

he wasn’t just unlucky early. Something was hindering his skating. Then the cheapshot against BUF slowed him for a while. Since he got over that he’s looked better and better as the season has gone on.

Reactions: Devils731

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I hope this strong performance is a sign of big things to come from Daws. It's been unfair to both him and Schmid to be thrown into NHL games at this stage of their development, but Daws rose to the challenge tonight.

He has had glimpses of impressive play at the NHL level this year but tonight was something else. He looked excellent.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
he wasn’t just unlucky early. Something was hindering his skating. Then the cheapshot against BUF slowed him for a while. Since he got over that he’s looked better and better as the season has gone on.

Through his first 20 games he had 2 goals and was shooting ~5% on a career average of ~11%. This was with fantastic underlying numbers. Even if you want to say he looked a bit off he was undoubtedly getting very unlucky.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
26 goals and 60 pts. Almost like his production stabilized and even improved from his normal like many people here said was going to happen during his unlucky start.

Nico is growing up before our eyes. I can't say enough about how his game is rounding out. He's been a real bright spot, even when we suck. That line was really great tonight.

Camille the Eel

Nico is growing up before our eyes. I can't say enough about how his game is rounding out. He's been a real bright spot, even when we suck. That line was really great tonight.
It feels like he’s taken some pressure off himself and that he’s playing more within himself too. He looks more relaxed. Not trying to do so much.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It feels like he’s taken some pressure off himself and that he’s playing more within himself too. He looks more relaxed. Not trying to do so much.

It must also be nice that he finally has a winger to play with. Jack-Bratt's great but I've been calling for Nico-Bratt to be put back together and I'm happy it's finally there again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad