Proposal: Devils-Oilers

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Zacha for Jones + Benson

Why Edmonton does it:

Decent defensively, and has some size that he can bring to the table. Seems like a Chia type player. Hasn't had the offense really develop, but he is still young enough that the Oilers pay for potential here. McDavid surprisingly works with some players really well, and then other high end talents- doesn't mesh with them at all. The Oilers take a chance that Zacha can be like Maroon, and play above his head, but find some unexpected chemistry with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Why New Jersey does it:

Seems like the team should part with Zacha for a change of scenery. I wanted to offer the 1st but with how the Oilers season is going, that'll be too high and worth more than Zacha. They get Benson and Jones. I know they need more strength on D, thats why I believe they'd want Jones. He's a good D prospect that has top 4 potential, he is a poor mans version of his older brother Seth Jones. However since they are losing a forward in Zacha, they could offset that by getting Benson who has been tearing up the WHL, and has long been projected to have top 6 potential (LW) but has battled injuries.
I also thought about adding Edmonton's likely high 2nd instead of 1 of the pieces, but I'm not sure if that'd have more appeal to Jersey fans?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad