Weekes: Devils nearing a move?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
In fairness to Weekes, he called Meier to NJ about a week plus before it happened with that “have you seen timo meier” bit. It may not happen today or tomorrow but weekes may be on to something with a move to happen soon

Reactions: Play

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Buyer beware on Fraudstrom, Devils.

Although I wouldn’t mind to see someone overpay for a goalie just to see it go to shit. One of the worst positions to trade for.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah until something happens, not paying attention to this again....he's doing this too much lately.

It's so funny watching the downward spiral of guys like this.

There was a brief stretch where Weekes was pulling some legit scoops that nobody else was anywhere near. Built some credibility for his forehead with that stuff.

Then it's like they get addicted to the attention, and just start throwing random stuff out there. Might even be connected enough that they're getting little hints of action from legitimate sources...but it's like they lose the filter on what is "imminent action" vs "tire kicking chit chat". Just throw it all out there for more attention. Until they become completely unreliable. The Boy Who Cried Wolf style.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Maybe Weekes knee-jerk reacted to Hamilton finally going on LTIR but at least looking at Cap Friendly they might have been forced to do it because Foote and McLeod's salaries are still listed as part of their cap total and are eating into that cap relief

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
ly doesn't post this stuff unless he is sure something is going to happen. Guessing this is a goalie going to NJ? Allen, Merzlikins, Fleury or Markstrom

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
^^^

He mentioned Timo by name though....he keeps doing this nonsense eye shit repeatedly and it's clickbait.
That is a fair assessment. At the same time, meier’s name was out there and availability was well known. It may be out of respect for player(s) involved because their names were out there.

Well see though. Could be something or could be nothing

Evergreen

Weekend is losing credibility with me lately, but if they do make a move I still think Gibson is the guy to target. Vanecek would have to go the other way to balance the cap.

I also think Hanifin would fit in so great there, but I’m not sure they’d be able to resign him in the offseason. And they’d have to give up significant assets to obtain him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad