Pre-Game Talk: Devils (M2) vs Rangers (M3), Round 1, 2023 NHL Playoffs.

Question

• Rangers in 4

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Rangers in 5

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Rangers in 6

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Rangers in 7

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Devils in 4

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Devils in 5

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Devils in 6

Votes: 117 54.2%
  • Devils in 7

Votes: 18 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
When are we getting the full schedule, late tonight or tomorrow morning?

After the Avs/Preds game tomorrow, still have a Central race. They could realistically release the East tonight but probably want it all it at first as an announcement. I'm sure they've done all the leg work with the NHL+NBA double arenas

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
After the Avs/Preds game tomorrow, still have a Central race. They could realistically release the East tonight but probably want it all it at first as an announcement. I'm sure they've done all the leg work with the NHL+NBA double arenas
Don't they usually release contingent schedules in case x wins and in case y wins when one game is the holdup? I doubt they want to keep the ticket market on hold for another full day.

I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow morning at least since the West still has games tonight relating to seeding.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I’m talking about the entire season too. And Bahl’s physical edge is the most overrated aspect of his game. It’s been better but that reputation as having one is 75% because he’s big.

Yes that maybe so, but I still think we should give Bahl a bit of rope after the season he has had. Luke is and will be good, and I'm sure he will get a game in anyway. :)

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
First time to the Rock will be Monday or Tuesday. One and only chance-- I live in the Midwest. Havent been to a playoff game since the Penguins series in-- what was it? '92?

Anyway-- Im thinking Im going to do loft seating. Good idea? Im not concerned about the $ in this case, instead I'd like to know if it's a drag vs lower bowl seats.

(I cross-posted this in the Pru Center topic, but I just got the green light to buy-- and dont want to wait around-- so need some quick feedback)

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Is there a chance the Rangers could sign Toews before game 1?

Assuming it will be them or the Leafs who pick him up so why not let him go now?

• Wow
Reactions: NJDevs26

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Don't they usually release contingent schedules in case x wins and in case y wins when one game is the holdup? I doubt they want to keep the ticket market on hold for another full day.

I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow morning at least since the West still has games tonight relating to seeding.

Depends on how different the schedules get given they all potentially impact tv slots. I guess we could see an Eastern conference schedule tomorrow at least.

Only thing that scares me about them is the PP, keep it 5 on 5 I think we move on

Yep. My fear is Miles Wood doing something dumb, jumping into a scrum and taking a costly penalty.

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
First time to the Rock will be Monday or Tuesday. One and only chance-- I live in the Midwest. Havent been to a playoff game since the Penguins series in-- what was it? '92?

Anyway-- Im thinking Im going to do loft seating. Good idea? Im not concerned about the $ in this case, instead I'd like to know if it's a drag vs lower bowl seats.

(I cross-posted this in the Pru Center topic, but I just got the green light to buy-- and dont want to wait around-- so need some quick feedback)

got replies in the other thread. Bought in Loft Box 26.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Another schtick is “pLayOfF eXpErIenCe”. I’d agree if no one on the Devils played meaningful games but….

Playoff Experience (multiple postseasons):

Palat
Meier
Haula
Hamilton
Tatar
Graves
Marino
Siegenthaler
Smith
Vanecek

Playoff Experience (one postseason):

Severson
Wood
Hischier
Bratt

No Playoff Experience:

Hughes
Mercer
Bahl
Boqvist
Bastian
Blackwood/Schmid

A lot of our core has had their cup of tea already. Others, many times. Every single forward line and every single D pairing has playoff experience.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Another schtick is “pLayOfF eXpErIenCe”. I’d agree if no one on the Devils played meaningful games but….

Palat
Meier
Haula
Hamilton
Tatar
Graves
Marino
Siegenthaler
Smith
Vanecek

Severson
Wood
Hischier
Bratt

No Playoff Experience:

Hughes
Mercer
Bahl
Boqvist
Bastian
Blackwood/Schmid

A lot of our core has had their cup of tea already. Others, many times.

Lots of opposing fans just don’t know our roster outside of our “midget forwards.”

Watch some f***ing hockey you imbeciles!

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lots of opposing fans just don’t know our roster outside of our “midget forwards.”

Watch some f***ing hockey you imbeciles!

That one Hawks fan is legit carrying water for the Rags on the main board thread because of their obvious infatuation with Pat Kane lol

Palat
Meier
Haula
Hamilton
Tatar
Graves
Marino
Siegenthaler
Smith
Vanecek

Severson
Wood
Hischier
Bratt

No Playoff Experience:

Hughes
Mercer
Bahl
Boqvist
Bastian
Blackwood/Schmid

A lot of our core has had their cup of tea already. Others, many times. Every single forward line and every single D pairing has playoff experience.

I think the coaching staff will lean on Marino a ton for this playoff series especially since the Pens had them in a chokehold a year ago before folding. I'm sure he'll be pretty amped to play them too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Palat
Meier
Haula
Hamilton
Tatar
Graves
Marino
Siegenthaler
Smith
Vanecek

Severson
Wood
Hischier
Bratt

No Playoff Experience:

Hughes
Mercer
Bahl
Boqvist
Bastian
Blackwood/Schmid

It is kind of amazing how Fitz added playoff experience while tangibly making the team better at the same time, yet still having one of the youngest cores in the league

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Palat
Meier
Haula
Hamilton
Tatar
Graves
Marino
Siegenthaler
Smith
Vanecek

Severson
Wood
Hischier
Bratt

No Playoff Experience:

Hughes
Mercer
Bahl
Boqvist
Bastian
Blackwood/Schmid

Yeah playoff experience should be a none factor. Maybe some Game 1 jitters but I expect we settle in. Plenty of guys in the locker room that have been there.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It is kind of amazing how Fitz added playoff experience while tangibly making the team better at the same time, yet still having one of the youngest cores in the league

He was given the best job to walk in by Shero and completely smash it. His affinity for adding size on the backend helped too. He's done an amazing job with the defense, Shero laid the ground work for the most part on the offensive side. Only thing Shero whiffed on was not trading Schneider but he really couldn't with Hall in the fold.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Rv6Ibl.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A15C7E82-9AA9-4E87-A242-0A5DD9D6394D.jpeg

Rags in 5

Shesty takes the Lundy victory lap at the rock after game 5.

Their team is much more well coached than ours by Gallant, who has done a fantastic job. Drury has done more to that team in 2 years than RayFitz have done in 8.

Shesty is better than Vitek

Their D is also very deep. Trouba may be dirty, but he’s also better than any of the NJD D-men.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
View attachment 688120
Rags in 5

Shesty takes the Lundy victory lap at the rock after game 5.

Their team is much more well coached than ours by Gallant, who has done a fantastic job. Drury has done more to that team in 2 years than RayFitz have done in 8.

Shesty is better than Vitek

Their D is also very deep. Trouba may be dirty, but he’s also better than any of the NJD D-men.
IMG_0978.jpeg
Woah, oh my. I like you, DD, with having said that…win or lose I will continue using Genucel’s facial scrub and cream. Those bright lights aren’t from the city or MSG, its my glowing skin. All thanks to Genucel. Devils in 5.

Edit: I gotta be honest. I’ve been using their dermabrasion cream since they gave it out last season as a fan giveaway. It really does work. First product that actually helped my oily skin. Dano ain’t lying. I bought it three times since.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
View attachment 688125
Woah, oh my. I like you, DD, with having said that…win or lose I will continue using Genucel’s facial scrub and cream. Those bright lights aren’t from the city or MSG, its my glowing skin. All thanks to Genucel. Devils in 5.

Edit: I gotta be honest. I’ve been using their dermabrasion cream since they gave it out last season as a fan giveaway. It really does work. First product that actually helped my oily skin. Dano ain’t lying. I bought it three times since.

FD2D37E2-2EB2-4A93-91AB-F0E913EE5AB0.jpeg

Why can’t Devils fans have nice things? We’ve been dealing with a decade of embarrassment and are about to go down in 4 or 5 to our big brother from across the Hudson. To top that off, we have to listen to this BLOWHARD every night waxing poetic about turnovers and flybys and plugging garbage products. How this chrome dome has his jersey retired is beyond me. We’re a laughing stock and I’m sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad