Pre-Game Talk: Devils (M2) vs. Canes (M1), ECSF.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I remember reading something about Canes trading Haula partly due to locker room issues and fans booing him when he returned.

“There’s a big reason Erik Haula was traded,” Bally Sports South analyst Shane Willis said during Wednesday’s broadcast. “It’s not because of his skill. I’ll leave it at that.”

Okay I have no clue why the link is not working, I got it from Google and am not subscribed to this site.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils in 6

I think they’ll be harder to get chances on, but they just may be easier to get shots past with the two old, decaying has-been’s.

I’m wondering if we see Kochetkov at any point? We’d probably have to either blow both of the decrepit guys out or one of them takes yet another one of their frequent trips to the IR.

Both Raanta and Kochetkov were horrendous against us in the regular season. I don’t think we saw Freddie the fossil not once.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Definitely shouldn't underestimate the Canes, they're well coached and play greater than their parts. Which is why they end up at the top of the standings without necessarily looking super elite on paper.

That said I saw on the main boards Canes and Isles fans were agreeing to a post saying that the series was a few lucky bounces from being a sweep in either direction. With Raanta/Anderson in net and Nico/Timo/Bratt and even Jack being due some more points I can see an offensive explosion.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely shouldn't underestimate the Canes, they're well coached and play greater than their parts. Which is why they end up at the top of the standings without necessarily looking super elite on paper.

That said I saw on the main boards Canes and Isles fans were agreeing to a post saying that the series was a few lucky bounces from being a sweep in either direction. With Raanta/Anderson in net and Nico/Timo/Bratt and even Jack being due some more points I can see an offensive explosion.

Anderson is a huge question mark as he hasn't played almost all year besides that Game 6.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
think this goes the distance, Canes are very good at home ice because they can match lines.

would love to steal a game from them at home in the first two.

Reactions: My3Sons

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Our series clincher really resembled the last win over CAR in the regular season.

I feel good about our chances.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Hoping Timo is well enough to play (and play at a high level). Those kind of hits can change you, even if you're cleared to play

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hoping Timo is well enough to play (and play at a high level). Those kind of hits can change you, even if you're cleared to play
Doubt he's too shaken by it, he's a tough cookie. He also ended the game, if it was that bad, doubt he would've come out. Worst case he'll wear a face shield.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00