Post-Game Talk: Devils lose again... this time to Tampa Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
What's wrong with Clarkson fighting? It's part of his play style. Even if he misses two shifts, there is no point in complaining how a player plays his game

5 Minutes is a long time for your top goal getter to sit in the box while you're down 3-0, 4-0.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I didn't mind Clarkson fighting at all. It's not like he's been on a recent hot streak anyway. It's his game to try to stand up and spark the team.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
I didn't mind Clarkson fighting at all. It's not like he's been on a recent hot streak anyway. It's his game to try to stand up and spark the team.

True, but then what is the purpose of Barch and Janssen in the lineup at all? Taking up two roster spots for guys that have zero chance of generating any offense on a goal-challenged team, and will just mean that Kovy with have to doubleshift even more minutes to grind down his sore back some more.

I'd rather see a couple AHL scrubs in there that may bumble or stumble into a goal here and there, than a couple stone hand bowling balls banging around the ice for 5 minutes a game.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
We were down 3-0 at the time with hardly any energy coming from the team.....Clarkson being in or out of the box because of his scoring, which hasn't been there at all recently, wasn't going to make a difference

Kinkaid just came in and made his first save, the crowd was pumped and I'm sure the team was for him and Clarkson fought shortly thereafter to try and spark things some more

We played with a lot more energy the rest of the game

Last edited:

Oroku Saki*

Greene would have been a better choice IMO. Sal shouldn't have even brought back. You gotta know when to cut ties when you maximize what you get out of an asset.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Lou or Pete need to do something drastic. I really hope they do something and fast.

The old Lou wouldn't sit on his hands while we lose 7 of 8 or whatever. Changes need to be made.

The only thing he can do, I think at this point, is swapping our stars for another star. Zajac and Kovalchuk for ??? Or do two deals. They aren't going to get anyone significant with the current pieces.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
dunno, after first period only jumped in some moments...and always saw a goal more for TB.

wtf is wrong with this team atm? i fell so damn bad.
the season started great, now something seems to be wrong.

and, thats the worst thing about it, i dont see it change rapidly if we don't change anything :/

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The only thing he can do, I think at this point, is swapping our stars for another star. Zajac and Kovalchuk for ??? Or do two deals. They aren't going to get anyone significant with the current pieces.

holy hell...what?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
holy hell...what?

I don't think they wanted Kovy/Zajac traded, but dk3790 is right. We're not gonna get anything with what we have. It's like how I said At this point Fayne has more value than Tallinder. He's younger, and on a better contract. A steal of a contract

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I don't think they wanted Kovy/Zajac traded, but dk3790 is right. We're not gonna get anything with what we have. It's like how I said At this point Fayne has more value than Tallinder. He's younger, and on a better contract. A steal of a contract

Yep, I don't necessarily want them traded but that's the only option they have right now.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just came back from a nice 4 day vacation, watched the Devils/Leafs and Devils/Lightning game today and was absolutely shocked at how bad this team has become.

The wheels have fallen off. Its time to hit the ****ing panic button.

-The top offensive players on this team are invisible night after night. Kovalchuk looks horrible, I have no idea what happened to his speed.

-Travis Zajac is playing like a 3rd line center, he is making us all look foolish for defending his contract in the offseason. I love Trav, but he needs to start producing some ****ing points here.

-Johan Hedberg's play has fallen off a cliff. There will be no more Hedberg vs Brodeur debates on here after this stretch. Moose has been dreadful, I don't know what happened to him, but its scary how bad things have turned for this guy. If Marty isn't back on Thursday, I'm going to be worried that this "back soreness" is a little more serious than the Devils are telling us. And Kinkaid better get the start next game too...

I don't really know what to say. Lou is sitting upstairs watching this team self destruct and I hope he's thinking about doing something. The team isn't going to get by without another top 6 forward - it was a need that should have been addressed before the season started.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Chess let me get you up to speed a little bit.

Kinkaid has been sent back to Albany, and now Frazee has been called up to replace him as Moose's backup. Moose will start Thursday. Pete already declared this last night in the post game. Not sure if this was because he already knew Kinkaid was going back or what. Lou said the plan was for both Kinkaid, and Frazee to get some time up as the backup since both have been playing well.

The top 6 winger? We're waiting for that one!:laugh:

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The "C" has no impact on Bryce's potential to be trade. No one is going to take on that contract. Especially the horrid three year term. I wasn't a fan of it then, I most certainly am not a fan of it now.

Putting all that aside though - Langs was our captain when we traded him, Kovy and Holik were ATL's captains when we got them.

Trading a captain is not commonplace.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Chess let me get you up to speed a little bit.

Kinkaid has been sent back to Albany, and now Frazee has been called up to replace him as Moose's backup. Moose will start Thursday. Pete already declared this last night in the post game. Not sure if this was because he already knew Kinkaid was going back or what. Lou said the plan was for both Kinkaid, and Frazee to get some time up as the backup since both have been playing well.

The top 6 winger? We're waiting for that one!:laugh:

hmm, I can't really comment on the Frazee/Kinkaid swap because I don't watch any Albany games, but doesn't Kinkaid have more promise than Frazee at the moment? Jeff must be in the middle of a hot streak or something.

All I know is this team really really really misses Marty right now. Hedberg broke down at the worst possible time and the calming influence of Brodeur between the pipes is nowhere to be found. It is one of the main reasons why this team has failed to win a game in 6 tries

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
hmm, I can't really comment on the Frazee/Kinkaid swap because I don't watch any Albany games, but doesn't Kinkaid have more promise than Frazee at the moment? Jeff must be in the middle of a hot streak or something.

All I know is this team really really really misses Marty right now. Hedberg broke down at the worst possible time and the calming influence of Brodeur between the pipes is nowhere to be found. It is one of the main reasons why this team has failed to win a game in 6 tries

Lou said it was because both have been playing well in Albany, and the plan from the beginning was for Kinkaid, and Frazee to split time as the backup ever since Marty went down.

I doubt Pete starts Frazee. **** I doubt he even pulls Hedberg again unless he gives up 3 in the opening minutes.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I can't explain what has happened to Moose. He was playing so well to start the season, now everything is getting by him.

Maybe he just can't play this many games?

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The "C" has no impact on Bryce's potential to be trade. No one is going to take on that contract. Especially the horrid three year term. I wasn't a fan of it then, I most certainly am not a fan of it now.

Putting all that aside though - Langs was our captain when we traded him, Kovy and Holik were ATL's captains when we got them.

Trading a captain is not commonplace.

However holik and langs were captain in name only when they left. Neither of them were being positive influences on their teams.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't explain what has happened to Moose. He was playing so well to start the season, now everything is getting by him.

Maybe he just can't play this many games?

That's the best conclusion I can come up with. If he was coming off the bench once a week or in back to back's I think he'll be back to normal. He's been one of the best backups in the league the last few years, but he's right down there with the worst starters in the league. When he plays every game like this (Especially 3 in 4 nights) he looks like Dipietro has the last couple years which isn't even funny.

I'm confident once he gets back into the backup role he'll bounce back, but I'm not confident he will as long as PDB keeps up playing him like he's Marty Brodeur pre 2010.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sal is the least of our worries when our supposed "number 1" center has 4 goals all season.

I don't know what's going on with Zajac. The rest of his game has been fine, but he just can't seem to get on the scoresheet. I don't know if it's the new contract or what.

Oroku Saki*

Soooo do you guyz like buyout Zajac this summer. I come in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad