Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Jets Friday Dec 3rd 7pm on TSN finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
i think blake wheeler scores this game. highest paid player, captain, supposed leader. he will score this game.
People have made predictions like this pretty much every game for the last week or two. How meaningful is it, really?

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Svechnikov to the 4th line after he has has played well... Scheifele and Ehlers continue to get top minutes despite sub par play. What does a guy like Svech have to do to stay in the top-6? On the other had what do 55/27 have to do get out of that role?

Svech wasn't great in the Calgary game but he's played well overall. Just go back to Connor-Dubois-Svechnikov and try to rekindle what was working.

These lines suck. I doubt KV can do much on the Lowry line. Svechnikov should at minimum be on the Lowry line.

I think he's holding Svechnikov accountable for the penalties the past few games. Accountability's a novel concept for the team it seems. Maybe we'll see some accountability from the coaches for the garbage PK that's getting to the point where it feels like it's an automatic goal against.

And then they won't need to punish someone like Svech for showing some life and frustration during the game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Svechnikov to the 4th line after he has has played well... Scheifele and Ehlers continue to get top minutes despite sub par play. What does a guy like Svech have to do to stay in the top-6? On the other had what do 55/27 have to do get out of that role?

35s7cv.jpg

Svech wasn't great in the Calgary game but he's played well overall. Just go back to Connor-Dubois-Svechnikov and try to rekindle what was working.

These lines suck. I doubt KV can do much on the Lowry line. Svechnikov should at minimum be on the Lowry line.

Right... Svechnikov is having a CAREER YEAR! Already broke his career seasonal assist record and is a mere point off tying his CAREER YEAR point total of... uhh... 8 points.

Reactions: hn777

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ah yes, the answer we’ve been looking for this whole time was another stab at CSW. How does the expression go? The definition of insanity is continuing to employ Paul Maurice?
Jesus, this is bad. I like both Scheifele and Wheeler but come on they both are struggling, put them on the 3rd line to get easier match ups . If Dubois and Ehlers were both struggling as bad does anyone think Maurice would move them up to the 1st line with Connor ? This shit has to stop and it's only going to stop one way, Maurice has to go.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Right... Svechnikov is having a CAREER YEAR! Already broke his career seasonal assist record and is a mere point off tying his CAREER YEAR point total of... uhh... 8 points.
Scheifele has 3 goals and 5 assists. Wheeler has 0 goals and 7 assists. And both Scheifele and Wheeler play waaaaaaay more minutes than Svech but even more important Svech with Dubois and Connor was and has been our best line so far this year.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
The games just aren’t enjoyable anymore. They suck the life right out of me and trying to wrap my head around Maurice’s idiotic logic is a hopeless case. How can he be so clueless?

Having said that, I need to take a break from actually watching the games. For awhile it was like not being able to turn away at the sights of an accident scene but it’s now becoming too much.

I’ll continue to make my game score predictions and just check in after the game to see the results. Will maybe start fresh and watch again in the new year after watching some actual enjoyable hockey at the WJHC.

Last edited:

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
This team played much better with 55-26 out of the lineup. They’re back and old uncle Paul is giving them all the ice time they can handle and more. PLD and Connor were lighting it up but no that can’t stick. Wonder what Dubois thinks about this little show now.

It’s all so predictable, get rid of this coach he’s Mr .500 who’s a grifter with the press. Enough

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I expect Jonathan Bernier in net Blackwood is in right now against Minnesota but he's given up 4 halfway through so we'll see.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013

Ah yes, the answer we’ve been looking for this whole time was another stab at CSW. How does the expression go? The definition of insanity is continuing to employ Paul Maurice?

These line combinations are absolutely idiotic. A lot of us (fans...some with hockey experience, some with not so much) can see the CWS is just not working this year. Svetchnikov, realistically, is not a top 6 guy. However when he played with Connor and Dubois, the line was pretty darn good. (anyone disagree?)
The Devils, even though they're in Minneapolis tonight, are basically on par with the Jets (points-wise) so, although I'm hoping and cheering for a Jets W, I feel tomorrow's game will be a toss-up (at best?). Follow that with the Loafs and Hurricanes and....what does management do if the Jets lose all three? Colour me red with frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad