Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/status/510586335816847360

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Breaking: Jordin Tootoo will be at NJ Devils Training Camp on a PTO

Soooooo......... I figured it'd be helpful to have a spot to purely discuss what is likely our Janssen replacement. What are the chances Jagr, Elias, Zubrus, Havlat, and Clowe are all injured right now? Or is Lou planning on letting them all relax through preseason?

And on a humorous note:

Driving Play @DrivingPlay
With the Devils giving Tootoo, Gomez, and Kaberle PTOs and signing Havlat, they have 4 players who were compliance bought out coming to camp

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
All we need is Bryzgalov and Wade Redden to fill out an all-compliance buyout lineup :P

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
what if these camp invites out perform some of the players that are signed, what does Lou do?
start waiving forwards
I'd bet Lou thinks Clowe is done

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Or Lou doesnt want our vets to play much in pre-season and burn themselves out

That initial camp lineup that Cordell posted last week had 23 forwards and 12 D. Tootoo would at least give them two full lines to scrimmage with during camp.

Although I do like the sound of having the "Compliance Line" during preseason for the laugh. Along with the Redden/Bryz suggestion, you could complete it with Mike Komisarek and Johan Hedberg........perhaps we shouldn't give Lou any ideas......

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#pleasewaivespacejunknowplzandthanku

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think this has way more to do with Bernier, Gionta, Josefson, etc, than Clowe or Ruutu or any actual scoring forward.

there is no way in hell Bernier is making this team with all these forwards at camp

The fact that Bernier has an NHL contract while Carter remains unsigned and Tootoo can't get anything more than a tryout contract...that should tell you what Lou thinks of them all. I know Bernier's not quite the fan favorite he was one or two seasons ago, but he's a level above guys like Tootoo.

I still say this is mostly about Lou giving his vets a break in preseason. You have to have a certain amount of "veterans" in your lineup for each preseason game. If Lou can throw a few guys some bones and prolong Havlat's first injury for a few weeks, why not?

Status Quo*

So if you're a walking corpse, you get invited to Devils camp. Alright.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I think this has way more to do with Bernier, Gionta, Josefson, etc, than Clowe or Ruutu or any actual scoring forward.

The fact that Bernier has an NHL contract while Carter remains unsigned and Tootoo can't get anything more than a tryout contract...that should tell you what Lou thinks of them all. I know Bernier's not quite the fan favorite he was one or two seasons ago, but he's a level above guys like Tootoo.

I still say this is mostly about Lou giving his vets a break in preseason. You have to have a certain amount of "veterans" in your lineup for each preseason game. If Lou can throw a few guys some bones and prolong Havlat's first injury for a few weeks, why not?

although I agree about giving some of the older vets a break, I would also think the new players we signed should get as familiar with the team/system as possible, even build a little chemistry with their new line mates

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Devils are the island of misfit toys.

Gomez is in the red dress.

misfit-toys.jpg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
although I agree about giving some of the older vets a break, I would also think the new players we signed should get as familiar with the team/system as possible, even build a little chemistry with their new line mates

I am guessing the signed guys will play together.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
damn i thought the Devils finally got away from useless goons with Cam in the AHL. But then again just a tryout.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
So we invite Carter and then a guy who is basically the same player a few days later. Either they really think Clowe is FUBAR and want at least SOME grit or there really trying to up the pressure for Josefson, Bernier, Gionta, etc.

I still have absolutely no clue why Bernier was brought back. That was totally unnecessary.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm going to accept the fact that I have no idea what Lou is thinking.

I'm just waiting for the masterstroke that leads us to the Stanley Cup this year.

Or Connor McDavid...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad