GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7pm MSG+: Just how many more of these are there??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

giphy.gif

Lines

:devils

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Q-Henrique-Camm
Blandisi-Zacha-Noesen
Wood-Coleman-Bennett

Greene-Prout
Moore-Severson
Kapla-Lovejoy

Schneider

:flyers

Konecny-Giroux-Voracek
Weal-Filppula-Simmonds
Weise-Couturier-Schenn
VandeVelde-Bellemare-McDonald

Provorov-MacDonald
Manning-Gudas
Del Zotto-Gostisbehere

Neuvirth

tA4N2dN.gif

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Too bad they can't still option Merrill out, he could help Albany - ain't doing much here :P

And I said last night we hadn't seen the last of Prout :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Phillys gonna goon it up tonight.

Konecny will run guys and then expect Gudas and Simmonds to fight his battles.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They may win this game. Something about the Flyers that brings out the best of this team. Maybe they get a point because it's in Philadelphia.

Usually that something's Steve Mason, but he ain't playing tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Too bad they can't still option Merrill out, he could help Albany - ain't doing much here :P

And I said last night we hadn't seen the last of Prout :laugh:

Hynes is getting on my nerves with this now.

There are only like 5 games left. Just let the younger guys play. Prout has no future here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes is getting on my nerves with this now.

There are only like 5 games left. Just let the younger guys play. Prout has no future here.

Cory must be taking one look at this defense with Santini/Merrill on the bench, Lovejoy, Prout and the new kid off the street in the lineup and think Hynes is trying to April Fool prank him :sarcasm:

Moore's the third best d-man in tonight's lineup for crying out loud :laugh:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The Flyers have to be the most boring team we've played all year. They haven't even been competitive in our games :shakehead

I can see why all the whining on their GDT. I'd hate to see my team get beat up by a rival every time too. It's been like games 2 through 5 in the 2012 series...

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
If you still don't think Hynes is a **** coach when he has Lovejoy AND Prout in over Santini and Merrill, you're kidding yourself.

There is absolutely no reason for both of them should be sitting.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
If you still don't think Hynes is a **** coach when he has Lovejoy AND Prout in over Santini and Merrill, you're kidding yourself.

Come on man.. You know our opponent, right? He's clearly protecting those guys because Philly is going to come out gooning after we've beaten them up all season.

I get what you're saying and would agree in a different situation (Hynes probably would too) but this is the right call. It's a meaningless game.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Come on man.. You know our opponent, right? He's clearly protecting those guys because Philly is going to come out gooning after we've beaten them up all season.

I get what you're saying and would agree in a different situation (Hynes probably would too) but this is the right call. It's a meaningless game.

IDC. Can't keep sheltering players. And Santini and Merrill are far grittier than a player like Lovejoy. This coach has a fetish with Lovejoy and it's ****ing annoying. Guys the ********* defenseman we have had all year. That includes call ups like Stollery and Helgeson. Hell, Prout is less of an issue than him.

And it's not like Prout has been that physical since being here or has had a fight. Yea, he nearly got Gudas at the end of the game last time, but still.

They need to be playing younger dman more, especially since they are better than players like Prout and Lovejoy. You need to just let them play, especially in meaningless games over guys like Prout and Lovejoy so when they screw up it's not a big deal since it is a meaningless game and not detrimental to the team like it would be when trying to push for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Flyers have to be the most boring team we've played all year. They haven't even been competitive in our games :shakehead

I can see why all the whining on their GDT. I'd hate to see my team get beat up by a rival every time too. It's been like games 2 through 5 in the 2012 series...

Best case scenario for us is they just miss out on the 8th seed.

Though, as bad as Hextall has been with some contracts he has dished out, he's been spot on in drafting of late and not just in the first round.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

This is about where I'm at.

Saturday night in Philly, and the Flyers are toaster strudel in the standings. They're going to be extremely petty and chippy tonight. Especially considering the rowdiness of the Islanders game earlier this week.

I would hate to see one of those younger guys get injured in a meaningless game that's bound to be rough and tumble. Sacrifice Prout instead.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Every coach in the league does things like this.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This is about where I'm at.

Saturday night in Philly, and the Flyers are toaster strudel in the standings. They're going to be extremely petty and chippy tonight. Especially considering the rowdiness of the Islanders game earlier this week.

I would hate to see one of those younger guys get injured in a meaningless game that's bound to be rough and tumble. Sacrifice Prout instead.

Then why have a smallish Kapla in instead of Merrill?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I don't even know how much to ding Hynes on lineup decisions NOW, I'm sure some of it's coming from up high at this point (or is at least suggested to him) like playing the new kid and Prout. You're not going to sign Kapla, bring him onto the NHL roster and not have the coach play him. And I'm sure the GM didn't get Prout just to have him sit on the bench in meaningless games either. Maybe this merry-go-goalie system of playing one game at a time is Hynes idea or maybe Shero just wants to get more of a look at KK in the last ten games.

Lineups are a collabrative effort when you're in evaluating player mode. That said it's time to start sitting some of the vets too, don't just sit Merrill every freaking game. And if you're going to sit Santini might as well send him down a week early.

Last edited:

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Then why have a smallish Kapla in instead of Merrill?

Probably just to have the new kid get consecutive games.

Also, Merrill and Santini certainly have a higher stake in our long-term plans than Kapla does, at least at this point in time.

I don't really take the time to bash April lineup decisions when the team is last in the conference. Just seems like a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad